Tonsillitis is a common, short-lasting infection of the tonsils, causing inflammation. It mainly occurs in childhood, between the ages of four and six and again at the age of puberty. It can also occur in adulthood. Generally, the more often the tonsils become infected, the more prone they are to recurring infections.
The tonsils are an essential part of the immune system, their main function being to filter out bacteria and any other microorganisms that can cause infections. However, at times, the tonsils themselves can suffer an infection resulting in pain and inflammation.
Symptoms of tonsillitis include swelling and pain in the neck, pain in the throat, with enlarged and inflamed tonsils, painful swallowing, and pain that radiates to the ears. Other symptoms can include high fever, abscesses on the tonsils, temporary hearing loss, headache, hoarseness, coughing, vomiting, and general ill feelings and fatigue.
Tonsillitis is caused either by Streptococcal bacteria or, less commonly, by viral infections. For safety sake, throat cultures are necessary to rule out strep throat and family members may also need to be tested, as they may be carriers and need to be treated along with the infected individual.
Note: The tonsils are an integral part of the lymphatic system and they play an important role in adrenal function, and should therefore be preserved.
As with all diseases this did not happen overnight. The very first thing you must do is see a licensed health professional. Find a list of practitioners in your local area here
Here are some things you can discuss with your practitioner:
- Eliminate Candida: Click here to find out how
- Do the Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol to strengthen the immune system: Click here to find out more
- Drink 3oz of Colloidal Silver, three or four times a day for 60 days www.colloidsforlife.com Silver has long been recognised as a powerful natural antibiotic. Colloidal silver is silver that has been removed electronically from its source and then suspended in water. It is used to treat a myriad of diseases.
- Go on a fast to clear your system of toxic waste www.wecarespa.com
- We recommend regular colonics to remove toxicity from the body. Read more about colonics by clicking here. Find a practitioner here.
- Most of the water that we drink is very acidic and in order to heal our bodies need a more alkaline state. During the programme drink alkalised water, which you can buy from Real Water.
Gargle with raspberry tea – pour 1 cup boiling water over 2 teaspoons dried leaves. Let it steep for 10 minutes, strain and leave to cool. Gargle for a minute, spit out and repeat until the tea is used up. Raspberry tea is a good fever-reducing drink, too.
Gargle with sage – mix 1 teaspoon in 1 cup boiling water. Steep for 10 minutes, then strain. Add 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar and another of honey and gargle four times a day.
Gargle with turmeric – mix 1 cup hot water, ½ teaspoon turmeric and ½ teaspoon sea salt. Gargle with the mixture twice a day.
Gargle with warm saltwater -add ½ teaspoon of sea salt to ½ cup of very warm water and mix. Gargle every three to four hours.
Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar 3 times a day.
Use raw organic honey, it has antibacterial properties and acts as a hypertonic osmotic, meaning that it draws water out of inflamed tissue, which reduces swelling and discomfort. Add 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of hot water or herbal tea.
Make a fig paste from water and boiled figs and apply externally on the throat area to cool and soothe the inflammation.
Increase your intake of pure filtered water, hot herbal teas, diluted fruit juices and broths.
Eat an organic whole foods diet that emphasizes fresh vegetables and vegetable soups.
Avoid foods that you are allergic or sensitive to.
Cook with garlic, ginger, shiitake mushrooms and reishi mushrooms, as they all have immune-boosting properties.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day nc.vitaminstrength.com for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Take Alli-C (super powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasite garlic capsules) – 4 capsules three times a day. 1 capsule is the equivalent to 40 cloves of garlic (without the breath to go with it!!).
- Take Fivelac probiotic one packet three times a day to boost immunity.
- Take Vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B complex and vitamin c with bioflavonoids.
- Take zinc lonzenges every 1-2 hours (if nausea occurs, decrease dosages).
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
Vital Balancing. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
As always the fastest most effective way to receive tailored advice to your own situation, you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Ayurvedic practitioners here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Freshly squeezed lime squeezed in a glass of warm water, with some honey and sea salt sipped throughout the day.
Warm milk with turmeric and pepper powder taken before bedtime.
A gargle made from fenugreek seeds.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
To receive bespoke advice based upon your own situation you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Chuan Xin Lian – for severe pain.
Acupuncture treatment focusing on large Intestine 4 and large Intestine 11 and Lung 10 points.
Rehmannia Teapills – to clear heat.
Reflexology treatments – to clear energy blockages.
The practise of qigong – to clear stress and promote healing.
Several scientific studies have shown that steaming can actually shorten the duration of a throat infection. Inhaling the vapours of benzoin, lavender, thyme, eucalyptus, geranium, lavender, bergamot or tea-tree to relieve symptoms.
Owing to the principles behind homeopathy it is essential you see a licensed practitioner to receive your own personalised prescription. Find your closest Homeopath here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Belladonna, Merc. sol, Phytolacca, Lachesis and Acronite.
Echinacea in tincture form – take three times a day.
Make a hot tea from dried elder flower, yarrow and peppermint and drink throughout the day.
Chamomile tea with a teaspoon of honey is a soothing drink.
Other useful herbs include echinacea, garlic, ginger, goldenseal, astragalus and slippery elm.
Allow yourself to rest and recuperate so that your body can use more of its energy to fight the infection thus reducing your recovery time.
Add moisture to the air in your home to prevent the lining of your throat from becoming too dry. If you don’t have a humidifier, a bowl of water placed on your radiator or heating vent at night will work just as well.
If you smoke it is essential that you quit. Cigarette smoke is extremely irritating to the lining of the throat.
Focus on breathing through your nose, rather than your mouth. It prevents your throat from becoming dry and works as a natural humidifier for the air you breathe.
Replace your toothbrush/sterilize it after throat infections (the bacteria on the bristles can re infect you).
Juice Therapy: Drinking the juice of carrot, celery and ginger can soothe symptoms.
Flower Essences: Take Crab Apple to cleanse and heal. Take Rescue Remedy® for accompanying stress.
Yoga – The physical postures and breathing exercises comprising the practice of yoga have long been proven by scientific research to promote feelings of relaxation while simultaneously strengthening the body. Research conducted since the 1970s has shown that regular yoga practice not only relieves stress, and stressful emotions such as anxiety and depression, but also improves blood pressure rates and overall cardiovascular health. Yoga is also effective for reducing pain, improving gastrointestinal and respiratory function, and for improving cognitive function and enhancing sight and hearing.
Note: If you are just beginning to explore yoga, it is recommended that you initially do so under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor who can guide you to become aware of the subtleties involved in each yoga posture as well as the corresponding method of breathing.
TCM for chronic tonsillitis www.zoelarkin.com/2010/01/the-benefits-of-traditional-chinese-medicine-chronic-tonsillitis
Stress causes repeated bouts of chronic tonsillitis for superstar Leona Lewis www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-550792/Shes-No-1-States-stress-success-destroy-Britains-shyest-superstar.html
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Herbal remedies for enlarged tonsils www.ehow.com/video_7889591_herbal-remedy-enlarged-tonsils.html
Further Information (links and books)
Uncover the meaning behind throat problems (scroll down to throat section) www.compassionatedragon.com/metaphysics2.html
The Top 100 Herbal Remedies: Safe, Effective Remedies for 100 Common Ailments by Anne McIntyre
Scientifically Proven Home Remedies (UPDATED): Top 18 Home Remedies For Treating The Most Common Illnesses. Discover The Best Home Remedies For Headaches, Acne, Diarrhea, Sore Throat, Nausea And More! by Jim Bryce
The Complete Homeopathy Handbook: Safe and Effective Ways to Treat Fevers, Coughs, Colds and Sore Throats, Childhood Ailments, Food Poisoning, Flu, and (U [ THE COMPLETE HOMEOPATHY HANDBOOK: SAFE AND EFFECTIVE WAYS TO TREAT FEVERS, COUGHS, COLDS AND SORE THROATS, CHILDHOOD AILMENTS, FOOD POISONING, FLU, AND (U ] by Castro, Miranda (Author) Nov-15-1991 [ by Miranda Castro
Andrea Butje | Aromahead firstname.lastname@example.org – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt email@example.com – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA firstname.lastname@example.org – meditation, stress
judith hoad email@example.com – herbalist.
Kath May firstname.lastname@example.org – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges email@example.com – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika firstname.lastname@example.org – aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Throat Rescue, Peaceful Mountain www.amazon.com