Quick Action Plan for Pellagra
1. Avoid all sugars, refined carbohydrates, milk and dairy products, sodas, processed foods, preservatives, artificial sweeteners (especially aspartame), corn syrup, alcohol, white bread and white flour products, pastries, and hydrogenated and trans-fatty oils, as well as all foods to which your are allergic. Minimize your intake of maize.
2. Eat organic foods that are high in niacin and other B vitamins, protein, and the amino acid tryptophan. Such foods include organic whole grains, bananas, raw seeds and nuts, peanuts, liver, avocados, broccoli, potatoes, tomatoes, legumes, collard greens, enriched breads and cereals, salmon, halibut, tuna, swordfish, skinless breast of chicken, and turkey.
3. Emphasize organic, fresh vegetables and non-citrus fruits, organic grains, as well as organic, free-range meats and poultry and wild-caught fish.
4. Drink plenty of pure, filtered water throughout the day.
5. Supplement with vitamin B 3. Niacin is the preferred form of vitamin B3 for pellagra. Also supplement with vitamin B complex and free form amino acids.
6. Additionally, the following professional care therapies have all been shown to be useful for treating pellagra: Magnetic Field Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine, Orthomolecular Medicine, and Traditional Chinese Medicine.