The Tooth Hurts: 13 Reasons to Choose a Holistic Dentist
A boy of five who received a £9,000 ($14,554 USD or £14.341 in Canadian dollars) payout from a dentist who failed to notice disease in his teeth made headlines in the UK. Aged just three. Cameron Jackson had 13 decayed teeth removed and was left with just seven, until his adult set grow.
His mother took legal action against the dentist, who failed to notice the decay and she has now been informed her son will receive the payout when he reaches the age of 18.
So why do millions of people rely on mainstream dentistry? Here are 13 reasons – one for each of poor Cameron’s teeth – why you should choose a holistic practitioner:
Non-painful and natural treatment of gum disease – a holistic dentist will usually implement a balanced and progressive program to preserve your gums before recommending a more aggressive approach to periodontal care
- According to the Holistic Dental Network, holistic dentistry is defined as “an approach to dentistry that promotes health and wellness instead of the treatment of disease.”
- Holistic dentistry aims to prevent and treat gum disease at its biological basis
- The technique avoids and eliminates toxins from dental materials
- It prevents the treatment of dental malocclusion (bite problems)
- Safe removal of metal fillings, which includes tooth isolation to ensure no metal particles find themselves in the mouth, or worse still, are swallowed.
Want to find a local practitioner? Use our handy Find a Doctor service via the site and find a holistic dentist near you.