Quick Action Plan for Asthma…
Quick Action Plan for Asthma
- In the case of severe, acute asthma, flare-ups are sudden.
- Chronic asthma’s symptoms are similar, but less severe, and tend to linger.
- Ayurvedic physicians recommend combining 1C pure water, 1/2 tsp of ginger and licorice root in a C of water, bringing to a boil, and sipping as a tea until symptoms subside; or, combine 1/8th tsp of black pepper, a tsp of honey, and 1/4 C of freshly-squeezed onion juice.
- If attacks are provoked by stress, combine one-half teaspoon each of baking soda and sea salt in organic juice, or pure, filtered water, and drink immediately.
- Fortify yourself between asthma attacks with herbal tonics such as ashwagandha, Coleus forskholin, shatavari, triphala, gotu kola, or licorice.
- Inhaling vapors from the essential oils of bergamot, camphor, eucalyptus, lavender, hyssop, or marjoram during an asthma attack can be soothing.
- Screen for food allergies and sensitivities; avoid eating high trigger foods such as eggs, milk and dairy products, sugar, peanuts, and wheat products. Minimize milk and dairy products, coffee and other caffeinated products in your diet.
- Eat an organic, whole foods diet full of fresh, raw organic fruits (apples and citrus fruits are not recommended) and vegetables, organic, free-range meats and poultry, and wild-caught fish. Include garlic, onions, ginger and peppers, extra virgin olive oil, raw coconut butter/oil and high lignin flax seed oil.
- Drink plenty of pure, fresh water each day, with a minimum of eight ounces being drunk every two hours.
- Consider a vegan diet, or the raw food diet.
- Useful herbs for asthma symptoms include cayenne pepper, garlic, gingko biloba, green tea, gumweed, horse chestnut, mullein, passion flower, slippery elm, and thyme.
- Homeopathic remedies include Amonium carbonicum, Aralia racemosa, Arsenicum album, Sambucus, Lobelia, Pulsatilla, and Sulphur.
- Use an indoor air filtration system, add indoor house-plants, try a humidifier, and make sure to have proper ventilation.
- Asthma supplements include Vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12, and Vitamin C, along with calcium, magnesium, bee pollen, quercetin, and essential fatty acids.