Quick Action Steps for Bladder Infection…
Quick Action Steps for Bladder Infection
- Avoid urinating after intercourse until necessary. Full urination enables the body to more effectively eliminate bacteria from the urinary tract.
- During intercourse, avoid using overly large fitted diaphragms and contraceptive sponges, which can prevent effective voiding of the bladder. It is better to wear a cervical cap, or to have your partner wear a condom.
- Avoid all sugars, refined carbohydrates, sodas, processed foods, preservatives, artificial sweeteners (especially aspartame), corn syrup, alcohol, white bread and white flour products, pastries, and hydrogenated and trans-fatty oils, as well as all foods to which your are allergic.
- Emphasize organic, fresh vegetables and non-citrus fruits, organic grains, as well as organic, free-range meats and poultry and wild-caught fish.
- Drink plenty of pure, filtered water throughout the day.
- Drink 16 ounces of organic, unsweetened blueberry or cranberry juice.
- Useful nutrients for treating bladder infection include vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin, C, zinc, and acidophilus.
- Adding half a teaspoon of mannose powder to pure filtered water and drinking it every one to two hours can speed recovery.
- The herbs buchu, corn silk, couch grass, goldenseal, marshmallow leaf, and uva ursi can also be helpful, as can fresh parsley.
- To relieve symptoms, take alternating hot and cold sitz baths.
- Consult with a homeopathic physician to determine an appropriate homeopathic remedy.