Quick Action Plan for Dealing with Chronic Pain…
Quick Action Plan for Dealing with Chronic Pain
- Refuse to be a victim of your pain. Take responsibility for your situation and know that you are in control of it. This simple yet sometimes difficult step can often make all the difference in terms of how fast and effectively you heal.
- Take steps to determine whether or not toxins, either from the environment or from the foods you eat, are contributing to your pain symptoms. If so, undergo a period of detoxification and internal cleansing.
- Identify and eliminate all foods to which you are allergic or sensitive. Also eliminate all processed foods from your diet, as well as sugars, simple carbohydrates, alcohol, coffee, soda, and foods high in saturated and hydrogenated fats. Instead, emphasize a diet of fresh, organic foods, with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables at every meal, and lots of pure, filtered water throughout the day.
- Supplement your diet with vitamin C, vitamin E, evening primrose oil, omega 3 fish oils, magnesium, acidophilus, bifidobacteria, digestive and proteolytic enzymes, and the amino acid DL-phenylalanine.
- Learn biofeedback, guided imagery and visualization, and self-hypnosis techniques to better manage and control your pain symptoms, and to discover their potential underlying causes.
- Make use of magnet therapy and hydrotherapy (cold and/or hot water compresses, and soothing baths) to further reduce or eliminate your symptoms.
- Make it a point to receive regular sessions of massage or other forms of bodywork.
- Visit a chiropractor and/or acupuncturist.
- Consider the use of energy devices, such as the TENS Unit, and/or visit a reputable energy healer.