Quick Action Plan for Colitis…
Quick Action Plan for Colitis
1. Avoid all sugars, refined flour products, and carbohydrates, milk and dairy products, processed foods that contain preservatives and artificial sweeteners, alcohol, hydrogenated and trans-fatty oils, as well as foods that are common allergens.
2. Emphasize organic, fresh vegetables and non-citrus fruits, organic grains, as well as organic, free-range meats and poultry and wild-caught fish.
3. Drink plenty of pure, filtered water throughout the day.
4. Try the herbal remedy Robert’s Formula.
5. Soothing baths two to five nights a week, as well as sitz baths, and alternating hot and cold water packs placed over the abdomen.
6. Aloe juice; wheatgrass juice; cabbage, papaya, and carrot juice. Avoid all citrus juices.
7. If you smoke, stop. In addition, learn how to effectively cope with and manage stress. Exercise regularly.
8. Replace aspirin or other NSAIDs with safer, more effective natural remedies.
9. Supplement with a multivitamin/multimineral formula and essential fatty acids, especial omega-3 oils.
10. Examine the possibility of withheld emotions as the cause of your symptoms and get support through emotional and physical expression, especially movement therapies such as Qi gong, Yoga or deeper expressive therapies, such as Total Integration release work. (See Glossary)