Quick Action Plan for Constipation…
Quick Action Plan for Constipation
- Seek to understand all of the various factors, both physical and mental/emotional, that can potentially be contributing to your constipation. Also, pay attention to how your symptoms become triggered or are made worse. For example, do you notice a worsening of your symptoms when you become anxious, angry, or stressed? Learning to recognize such triggers can help you devise a plan of action to minimize or avoid them altogether.
- Be conscientious of food allergies and avoid these foods for a time.
- Maintaining a healthy diet that is high in fiber can improve the frequency of bowel movements. Include plenty of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, whole-wheat grains, whole bran, and beans and legumes.
- Be sure to drink adequate amounts of pure, filtered water throughout the day.
- Nutritional and herbal supplements can improve bowel function and help stabilize the levels of microorganisms in the body. Useful nutrients include magnesium and vitamin C, while herbs such as aloe vera, cascara sagrada, and senna can also be helpful on a short term basis. In addition, consider probiotics to enhance the concentration of friendly bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. Bentonite clay is also recommended for a limited time to help clear the bowel.
- Regular exercise tones the muscles in the body and alleviates stressful emotions. It is best to exercise 20-30 minutes per day at least four times a week.
- Alternative professional treatments like Chiropractic, Massage, Ayurvedic medicine and traditional Chinese medicine can help to pinpoint and resolve the underlying causes of chronic constipation.
- Find natural alternatives to medications, including laxatives, which disrupt the body’s natural rhythms and in doing so adversely affect the intestines.