Could You Have ADHD?
The following self-test questions, developed by the World Health Organization, can help you identify behavior consistent with adult ADHD. Answer never (0 points); rarely (1 point); sometimes (2 points); often (3 points); or very often (4 points). A score of 11 points or more indicates the potential benefit of being evaluated by a health care provider. In the last six months:
1. How often have you been distracted by activity or noise around you?
2. How often have you had difficulty getting things in order when you had to do a task that required organization?
3. How often did you have difficulty waiting your turn in situations when taking turns was required?
4. When you had a task that required a lot of thought, how often did you avoid or delay getting started?
5. How often did you feel restless or fidgety?
6. How often did you leave your seat in meetings or other situations in which you were expected to remain seated?