Symptoms of abscess include swelling, tenderness, or redness (often with a sensation of being hot to the touch) in and around the infected area. A severe abscess can cause fever, cellulitis, (buildup of cellulite due to inflammation of cellular tissue associated with pus formation), fatigue, weight loss, chills, abnormal functioning depending on the area affected or, at worst, blood infection and rupture. Incomplete drainage may result in a fibrous wall with calcium accumulation resulting in a hardened mass. Note: Abscesses that are moderate to severe may require bed rest, local ice packs, or hot baths. External abscesses that are mild may respond to gentle heat from warm water soaks and improved nutrition. Supplementing with acidophilus and B vitamins, as well as increasing fluids are recommended. The need for specific other treatment measures, such as drainage or compression should be assessed by a holistic physician or health practitioner.
Abscess can result from allergic infections, boils, nutritional deficiencies, poor diet, and/or poor immune response. If abscesses are chronic or recurrent, this may be a sign of food, environmental, or chemical allergies. Abscesses may be caused or worsened by decreased immune functioning. In most cases, an abscess should start to clear up in several days. A failure to clear up or bouts of reoccurrences may indicate serious problems with immune functioning and overall health and require professional care. Assess your lifestyle to reduce areas of stress or other problems that may be contributing to a decrease in general health and immune functioning. Also ensure that you get plenty of rest. If your abscess is recurrent, this may indicate an imbalance in your body and the need for a bowel cleanse and rejuvenation program.
Get screened for food allergies and sensitivities, and then avoid eating those foods you are allergic or sensitive to. Allergy testing, NAETIncrease liquids such as filtered water, fresh vegetable and fruit juices, and immune enhancing herbal teas like astragalus (a Chinese herb) or nettle (8-10 cups per day). Drink water with the juice of one fresh squeezed lemon upon rising and before going to bed. If your abscess is chronic, eat plenty of organic berries (fresh or frozen) or drink berry leaf teas. Include plenty of steamed leafy green vegetables and sea vegetables into your diet to ensure a good supply of vitamins and minerals needed for healing. Eat fresh pineapple, it contains bromelain, which is very effective at reducing inflammation. Eliminate all stressor foods from your diet, especially refined sugars, fried foods and alcohol for at least two weeks. The following all contribute to a poor diet and will slow down the healing process so also adhere to this list:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com. The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- The following nutrients are useful for treating abscess and can be used in combination with each other: vitamin A (50,000 IU for two weeks), beta carotene (100,000 IU for two weeks), B-complex vitamin formula, vitamin C (5-10 grams daily), and zinc (60 mg daily for two weeks).
- Take Alli-C (super powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasite garlic capsules) – 4 capsules three times a day should be taken for the entire four months. 1 capsule is the equivalent to 40 cloves of garlic (without the breath to go with it).
- Additional supplements that can be considered include liquid chlorophyll and proteolytic enzymes (taken on an empty stomach).
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time to fight infection in the body.
- Take a good probiotic such as FiveLac – one packet three times a day to support healthy intestinal flora.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here
Prescription and non-prescription medication
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that stress has a negative impact on the immune system and a compromised immune system is a key factor in the development of an abscess. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Practice Meditation: Meditation has been scientifically shown to relieve stress, as well as to improve overall health and immune function, and to reduce the pain and suffering caused by chronic disease. In fact, in 1984, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) recommended meditation as the more appropriate and effective choice for treating mild cases of high blood pressure, instead of commonly prescribed blood pressure medications. Meditation can offer new insights and improved coping strategies, better enabling you to meet the challenges of the day. Some types of meditation, such as Transcendental Meditation (TM), have even been shown to produce deeper states of physical relaxation than ordinary sleep.Although there are many types of meditation practices to choose from, all of them have one thing in common: focused attention on the breath. If you are new to meditation, you can begin by sitting up straight yet comfortably and closing your eyes. Place your attention on your breathing as you inhale and exhale. Each time you find your attention starting to wander, simply refocus on your breath. Though doing so may seem difficult initially, with practice it will become easier and easier, and you will easily spend 20 to 30 minutes meditating in this manner. The key is to be gentle with yourself and not force. At first, you may find yourself unable to sit still for more than a few minutes. If that is the case, don’t continue. Instead, each day seek to add to the length of your meditation practice until you reach your goal of 20 to 30 minutes per session.
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf Herbal treatments for a tooth abscess www.livestrong.com/article/413093-herbal-treatment-of-tooth-abscess Complications of a skin abscess www.livestrong.com/article/76496-complications-skin-abscess Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters Colloidal Silver NC_Newsletter_09-08.pdf Why Fast? www.healingdaily.com/juicing-for-health/fasting.htm Jump for Joy – Rebounding is a great stress busting workout NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Herbal Treatments for dental abscess www.ehow.com/video_7548254_herbal-treatments-dental-abscesses.html Home remedies for skin abscesses indiainteracts.in/videos/69925/Beauty-Tip-Home-remedies-for-Skin-Abscesses.html Peroxide foot soaks www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmqU01otjAo
Risk factors for developing breast abscess www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100803112825.htm
Further Information (links and books)
How to Relieve A Tooth Abscess At Home: Nature’s Wonder Paste [Kindle Edition] by Steven Fried Colloidal Silver: The Natural Antibiotic Alternative by Zane Baranowski Juice Fasting Bible: Discover the Power of an All-juice Diet to Restore Good Health, Lose Weight and Increase Vitality by Sandra Cabot Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen Natural Alternatives to Antibiotics: Using Nature’s Pharmacy to Help Fight Infections by John McKenna
Dr Diane Myer [email protected] – holistic dentistry Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes. David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress judith hoad [email protected] – herbalist. Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi. Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally. Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy. Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner. Joanne Callaghan – [email protected] www.RogerCallahan.com Thought Field Therapy (TF) releasing unresolved emotions, stress and illness.
KT Daily Supplements Aromatherapy oils Rebound Air – mini trampoline Herbal and homeopathic remedies Clean well – Natural Cleaning Products EMF necklace – blocker and stress reducing pendant Neutralize electromagnetic chaos Dr Callaghan Techniques Supplements Water filter Candida plan http://ow.ly/ebc7O