Anklyosing spondylitis is a rare rheumatological condition that causes stiffness and inflammation of the spine and sacroiliac joints, and is characterized by a “bent forward” posture. The condition may be linked to genetic predisposition, and 90 percent of all cases occur in men between the ages of 20-40.
Early, mild symptoms of anklyosing spondylitis include recurring low back pain, pain along the sciatic nerve that runs from the buttocks down to the leg and foot, and stiffness on rising in the morning. As the condition progresses, the pain can spreads from the low back up to middle and/or higher back, and up to the neck. Other symptoms include pain in arms and legs, fatigue, muscle rigidity and more stiffness, anemia, and weight loss.
Research shows that the majority of people who have ankylosing spondylitis carry a particular gene known as human leukocyte antigen B27 (HLA-B27). Among those with ankylosing spondylitis, 9 out of 10 have HLA-B27.
If you suffer from anklyosing spondylitis, test for identifying gastrointestinal problems, stool sample and scraping to rule out amoebic, bacterial, fungal, or other parasitic problems. Also test for food allergies and assess your need for digestive enzymes. An effective method for determining causal factors is Electrodermal Screening (see Energy Medicine.)
As with all diseases this did not happen overnight. The very first thing you must do is see a licensed health professional. Find a list of practitioners in your local area here.
Here are some things you can discuss with your practitioner:
- Eliminate Candida: Click here to find out how
- Do the Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol to strengthen the immune system:
- Drink 3oz of Colloidal Silver, three or four times a day for 60 days www.colloidsforlife.com Silver has long been recognised as a powerful natural antibiotic. Colloidal silver is silver that has been removed electronically from its source and then suspended in water. It is used to treat a myriad of diseases.
- Go on a fast to clear your system of toxic waste www.wecarespa.com
- We recommend regular colonics to remove toxicity from the body. Find a practitioner here.
- Most of the water that we drink is very acidic and in order to heal our bodies need a more alkaline state. During the programme drink alkalised water, which you can buy from Real Water, or you can buy a Kangen Unit.
- Take a bath as often as possible up to once a day with two litres of 35% food grade Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Have an Epsom salt bath – A hot bath with Epsom salts has been proven as a helpful home remedy that takes the edge off joint pain. Epsom salts are made from magnesium sulfate, which is an anti-inflammatory agent. It has been known since Shakespearean times how effective and therapeutic Epsom salts can be in reducing swelling and increasing circulation. It also helps to reduce stress, and the heat from the bath also eases pain. Begin by drawing a hot bath, then add two cups of Epsom salt that will dissolve quickly. Relax in the warm bath for at least 30 minutes and keep adding hot water to stabilize. This treatment can be repeated as many times as needed. Epsom salt soaks can also be drawn in small containers to soak just the hands and feet.
Follow a whole foods diet, emphasizing a variety of organic vegetables and ruling out food allergies. Holistic physicians have treated ankylosing spondylitis successfully by identifying and eliminating allergy-causing foods, and recommending avoidance and food allergy nutrients.
Researchers at King`s College Hospital in London have found a link between ankylosing spondylitis and bowel dysbiosis (incursion or overgrowth by undesirable bacteria, in this case Klebsiella). They discovered that the majority of patients placed on a low-starch diet had a halt in the progression of their symptoms.
An overgrowth of Candida albicans (a naturally occurring fungus in the body) can also be involved in creating the damage to the gastrointestinal tract which allows the Klebsiella bacteria to enter the bloodstream. For this reason, an anti-candida, low-fat diet may be very useful, supplemented with friendly bacteria such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and L. bulgaricus to reestablish a normal bowel flora.
To avoid adding further toxicity to your system also adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- Ankylosing Sondylitis is related to a vitamin D deficiency so take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
- Take Fivelac probiotic to support good immune health.
- Take vitamin C to bowel tolerance (until you have loose stools and/or an excess of gas; at that point, reduce your vitamin C intake by 1,000 mg or more, until bowel symptoms abate and stay on the reduced level).
- Try MMS1 and MMS2 – Miracle Mineral Solution.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress, emotional baggage and healing the physical body. Find a local practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress, relieving pain and healing disease. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a local practitioner here
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Starch free diet www.livestrong.com/article/90628-starchfree-diet
Stress relief www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/a_natural_way_to_wash_away_stress._part_one.php
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Hypnotherapy for stress management – why it is so effective www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/hypnotherapy_for_stress.php
Main – My total remission from AS www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gAZxqXpesk&feature=related
Change your diet – it worked for me www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY0dN6QovJk
Areas of inflammation in Ankylosing Spondylitis www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s8eueQ4-eM
EFT for treating disease www.garythink.com/eft/physicial.html
Success in dietary changes for AS sufferers www.thehealthierlife.co.uk/natural-health-articles/chronic-pain/low-starch-diet-ankylosing-spondylitis-00044.html
Ankylosing Spondylitis and Chinese Medicine bluepoppy.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/feature/972/includes
Further Information (links and books)
From the man who cures his own Ankylosing Spondylitis www.ankylosingspondylitisdiet.com/
The Ankylosing Spondylitis Cookbook by Adria Cranman Moshe
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
Richard Brennan firstname.lastname@example.org – Alexander technique, stress.
Michaela Hauser-Wagner – Alexander technique, chronic pain, neurological disorders.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Andrea Butje | Aromahead email@example.com – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt firstname.lastname@example.org – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA email@example.com – meditation, stress
judith hoad firstname.lastname@example.org – herbalist.
Kath May email@example.com – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges firstname.lastname@example.org – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika email@example.com – aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic Practitioner.