Carbuncles is the name given to a cluster of interconnecting boils that cause an infection that spreads underneath the skin. The infectious organism is usually Staphyloccus aureus. Carbuncles are similar to boils, but develop more slowly and are localized over a larger area. Carbuncles occur more frequently in men than in women, primarily at the nape of the neck, buttocks, or thighs.
They are extremely painful, swollen, and red, and may be accompanied by general feelings of fatigue, debilitation, and fever. A great amount of pus is usually also associated with carbuncles, which can be slow to heal and can cause scarring.
Carbuncles are very contagious, and should be cultured to identify the infectious organism. In extreme cases antibiotics may be prescribed to achieve complete healing, especially for carbuncles and boils in the nose, as the infection can easily spread to the brain.
Note: avoid squeezing or irritating a carbuncle, it increases the risk of complications and can cause severe scarring.
Even though they can occur in healthy people, carbuncles are often associated with diabetes mellitus and other debilitating chronic disease conditions, and also occur more frequently in the elderly. Recurrent boils are commonly due to gastrointestinal bacteria which enter the blood stream and prompt a skin infection. They can also be triggered by consuming too much sugar, either refined or even in the form of fruit sugar. If red lines form from the boil or you experience swelling elsewhere on your body or you become feverish, you should immediately contact your healthcare practitioner.
As with all diseases this did not happen overnight. The very first thing you must do is see a licensed health professional. Find a list of practitioners in your local area here.
Here are some things you can discuss with your practitioner:
- Eliminate Candida: Click here to find out how
- Do the Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol to strengthen the immune system:
- Drink 3oz of Colloidal Silver, three or four times a day for 60 days www.colloidsforlife.com Silver has long been recognised as a powerful natural antibiotic. Colloidal silver is silver that has been removed electronically from its source and then suspended in water. It is used to treat a myriad of diseases.
- Go on a fast to clear your system of toxic waste www.wecarespa.com
- We recommend regular colonics to remove toxicity from the body. Read more about colonics by clicking here. Find a practitionerhere.
- Most of the water that we drink is very acidic and in order to heal our bodies need a more alkaline state. During the programme drink alkalised water, which you can buy from Real Water, or you can buy a Kangen Unit.
- Take a bath as often as possible up to once a day with two litres of 35% food grade Hydrogen Peroxide.
Apply a mixture of honey, the oil from vitamins E and A, and zinc oxide to the infected areas. Do this several times a day, up to once per hour.
Other effective topical treatments include a poultice of goldenseal root powder paste, hot Epsom salt pack (two tablespoons in one cup water), tea tree oil, or a poultice of one part sesame oil and one part lime juice mixed and applied externally.
Colloidal silver applied topically can also result in marked improvements.
Figs have been used to treat abscesses for centuries, they are actually mentioned in the Bible as a treatment used by Hezekiah to cure a boil. Make a warm fig poultice by cutting up a fig and mashing its insides into a pulp. Place the pulp on a piece of gauze and apply to the skin in the affected area. Change four times a day.
Get screened for food allergies and sensitivities, and then avoid eating those foods you are allergic or sensitive to. Allergy testing, NAET www.naet.com
Increase liquids such as filtered water, fresh vegetable and fruit juices, and immune enhancing herbal teas like astragalus (a Chinese Herb) or nettle (8-10 glasses per day).
Drink water with the juice of one fresh squeezed lemon and one teaspoon of chlorophyll upon rising and before going to bed.
Eat a diet of whole foods with lots of green, leafy vegetables, and grains such as buckwheat.
Eat plenty of green, orange, and yellow vegetables, which are cleansing (try to have at least four different types of green vegetables a day, and keep this up for at least six months).
Eat fresh pineapple, it contains bromelain, which is very effective at reducing inflammation.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Take FiveLac Probiotic one packet three times a day to support healthy intestinal flora.
- Take Alli-C (super powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasite garlic capsules) – 4 capsules three times a day. 1 capsule is the equivalent to 40 cloves of garlic (without the breath to go with it!!).
- To help prevent and speed the healing time of carbuncles, supplement with vitamin A, vitamin C, chlorophyll and proteolytic enzymes (taken on an empty stomach in between meals).
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that stress has a negative impact on the immune system and a compromised immune system is a key factor in the development of carbuncles. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis – Find out more by clicking here.
– Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a local practitioner here
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner hereor go towww.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Practice Meditation: Meditation has been scientifically shown to relieve stress, as well as to improve overall health and immune function, and to reduce the pain and suffering caused by chronic disease. In fact, in 1984, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) recommended meditation as the more appropriate and effective choice for treating mild cases of high blood pressure, instead of commonly prescribed blood pressure medications. Meditation can offer new insights and improved coping strategies, better enabling you to meet the challenges of the day. Some types of meditation, such as Transcendental Meditation (TM), have even been shown to produce deeper states of physical relaxation than ordinary sleep.Although there are many types of meditation practices to choose from, all of them have one thing in common: focused attention on the breath. If you are new to meditation, you can begin by sitting up straight yet comfortably and closing your eyes. Place your attention on your breathing as you inhale and exhale. Each time you find your attention starting to wander, simply refocus on your breath. Though doing so may seem difficult initially, with practice it will become easier and easier, and you will easily spend 20 to 30 minutes meditating in this manner. The key is to be gentle with yourself and not force. At first, you may find yourself unable to sit still for more than a few minutes. If that is the case, don’t continue. Instead, each day seek to add to the length of your meditation practice until you reach your goal of 20 to 30 minutes per session.
As always the fastest most effective way to receive tailored advice to your own situation, you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Ayurvedic practitioners here.
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
To bring the boil to a head, apply a poultice of cooked onions. Wrap in cloth and apply to the boils.
Application of a paste of 1/2 teaspoon each of turmeric and ginger powder directly to boil.
Another remedy is to add a teaspoon of turmeric to hot water mix well and drink.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Chinese medicine believes boils are caused by an overabundance of heat in the body, which may be caused by infection. Acupuncture and acupressure are commonly used in treatment, as are herbs such as chamomile, burdock, sage or thyme. The herbs are infused and applied with a compress to draw heat out of the inflammation and relieve pain.
To receive bespoke advice based upon your own situation you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners here.
Draw out the boils using a compress with 2 drops of each of the following essential oils:
bergamot, lavender, chamomile, and clary sage and apply the compress twice daily.
Owing to the principles behind homeopathy it is essential you see a licensed practitioner to receive your own personalised prescription. Find your closest Homeopath here.
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Ledum, Belladonna, Arsen alb., and/or Lachesis.
A blend of the tinctures of echinacea, cleavers, and yellowdock in equal parts, taken one teaspoonful three times a day can help speed the healing time for boils. Additionally, drinking a cup of an infusion of nettle, preferably fresh herb, twice a day, can be helpful.
Stinging nettle powder is also a rated cure.
Flower Essences: Rescue Remedy Cream® can be applied (a minimum of four times a day) on unbroken skin around, but not directly on, carbuncles. Crab Apple can be used to help alleviate stress and for low self-esteem and negative body image caused by the condition.
Juice Therapy: The following juice combinations can be helpful: Carrot, beet, celery, and garlic; wheat grass juice; and/or cucumber juice.
Exercise: Physical activity boosts the body’s metabolism, which helps to support the immune system and hence fights off infection/keep infection at bay. Choose any form of exercise that you enjoy.
Yoga: The physical postures and breathing exercises comprising the practice of yoga have long been proven by scientific research to promote feelings of relaxation while simultaneously strengthening the body. Research conducted since the 1970s has shown that regular yoga practice not only relieves stress, and stressful emotions such as anxiety and depression, but also improves blood pressure rates and overall cardiovascular health. Yoga is also effective for reducing pain, improving gastrointestinal and respiratory function, and for improving cognitive function and enhancing sight and hearing.
Note: If you are just beginning to explore yoga, it is recommended that you initially do so under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor who can guide you to become aware of the subtleties involved in each yoga posture as well as the corresponding method of breathing.
Qigong: Is a wonderful form of exercise, breath work and meditation to relieve stress and tension in the body. See article section for more information about the art of qigong.
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Jump for Joy – Rebounding is a great stress busting workout NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Ayurvedic remedies for boils www.homeveda.com/skin/natural-ayurvedic-home-remedies-for-boils.html
Further Information (links and books)
Juice Fasting Bible: Discover the Power of an All-juice Diet to Restore Good Health, Lose Weight and Increase Vitality by Sandra Cabot
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindi Green
Natural Alternatives to Antibiotics: Using Nature’s Pharmacy to Help Fight Infections by John McKenna
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
Andrea Butje | Aromahead firstname.lastname@example.org – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt email@example.com – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA firstname.lastname@example.org – meditation, stress
judith hoad email@example.com – herbalist.
Kath May firstname.lastname@example.org – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges email@example.com – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika firstname.lastname@example.org – aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic Practitioner.