Convulsions are non-voluntary contractions (single or in a series) of the voluntary muscles caused by sudden uncontrolled changes in the electrical activity of the brain.
Febrile seizures (twitching, jerking convulsion associated with loss of consciousness in a child with a rapidly rising fever and often due to infections such as middle ear or tonsillitis) are a type of convulsion that is common in children between six months and five years old and tend to run in families. They are usually not serious, even though they are frightening, and occur in one out of twenty children. For safety’s sake, these too should be brought to the attention of your physician.
Convulsion symptoms may be mild, characterized only by slight muscle twitches and tingling, or violent and severe, characterized by jerking whole-body movements and accompanying intense feelings of fear, possible hallucinations, and sometimes a lapse of consciousness (a grand mal seizure). Seizures that reoccur are called epilepsy.
Convulsions or seizures may be caused by many medical problems, including stroke, brain tumor, withdrawal from alcohol and drugs (including prescription drugs), metabolic disturbances, neurological disorders, and trauma from head injury. All such factors must be ruled out or addressed before convulsive tendencies can be properly treated.
As with all diseases this did not happen overnight. The very first thing you must do is see a licensed health professional. Find a list of practitioners in your local area here
Here are some things you can discuss with your practitioner:
- Eliminate Candida: Click here to find out how
- Do the Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol to strengthen the immune system:
- Drink 3 oz. of Colloidal Silver, three or four times a day for 60 days www.colloidsforlife.com/ Silver has long been recognized as a powerful natural antibiotic. Colloidal silver is silver that has been removed electronically from its source and then suspended in water. It is used to treat a myriad of diseases.
- Go on a fast to clear your system of toxic waste www.wecarespa.com
- We recommend regular colonics to remove toxicity from the body. Read more about colonics by clicking here. Find a practitioner here.
Eat normal, well-balanced meals at regular intervals. Children who suffer from convulsions should not be allowed to eat large meals since these predispose toward seizures. Alcohol is totally contraindicated as is caffeine (cola drinks, coffee, tea, chocolate). Aspartame (NutraSweet®) should also be avoided, as it has been implicated in some cases of seizure.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day /
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here kevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Lithium Orotate (Please note this is not the drug but the mineral)
Nutritional Supplementation: There are multiple nutritional deficiencies that can contribute to seizures, including deficiencies of folic acid, niacin (vitamin B3), thiamine (vitamin B1), vitamin B6, vitamin D, copper, magnesium, manganese, and selenium. Some of these deficiencies may relate to anticonvulsant medication, while others may be related to the cause of the seizures themselves. People who suffer from convulsions should also have an amino acid blood screen. Supplementation with the amino acids taurine, dimethyl glycine, and/or DL-glutamic acid has been shown to beneficial, as have vitamin B6, magnesium, and manganese. Working with a qualified nutritionist is very important, however.
Note: Omega-6 fatty acid supplementation can trigger or exacerbate convulsions caused by temporal lobe epilepsy. In addition, any supplementation program should only be undertaken with the awareness of the medical practitioner responsible for the care of the convulsive individual.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications, but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually dis-ease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr. Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Try Alphabiotics www.alphabiotics.biz
- Dr. Callahan Techniques rogercallahan.com/cmd.php?clk=4187387
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
- . Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Miller’s Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here (link) or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
- We recommend you consult a licensed practitioner. But the following can be beneficial: Take a mixture of ½ cup of ash gourd juice, chunk of sugar and 3-6 grams of licorice root powder twice a day. Ash gourd juice taken singly is also beneficial.
- Rasonksheepak can be made by crushing 3-4 cloves of garlic and boiling it in a mixture of ½ cup milk and ½ cup water. Heat it till half the solution evaporated. Strain the mixture and have it once during the day.
- Keeping the bowels smooth and regular is beneficial. To aid bowel movements take ¾ teaspoon of triphala churna with warm water at bed time.
- Leaves of brahmi can be chewed daily followed by a cup of milk
- Brihat vata kulantak rasa is very effective but is to be taken only after consulting a physician.
- Mix 500gms each of vacha churna and akarkarabh churna. Take the mixture twice daily with 10 gms of brahmiprash
- Take 20ml of sarasvatarishtam with equal quantity of warm water twice daily after food
- Cow’s ghee is a very useful remedy which can be used for nasya as well as for internal consumption.
- 250mg of smruti sagar rasa can be taken thrice daily with warm water.
- Hyocyamus Niger is also used.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
We recommend you consult a licensed practitioner who may wish to discuss the following well-known remedies:
Gastrodia (Tian Ma) Gastrodia rhizome
—» Uncaria (Gou Teng) Gambir Vine
—» Concha Ostrea (Mu Li) Oyster Shell
—» Magarita (Zhen Zhu) Pearl
—» Cornu Antelopis (Ling Yang Jiao) Antelope Horn
—» Lumbricus (Di Long) Earthworm
—» Buthus Martenzi (Quan Xie) Scorpion
Chamomile, clary sage, lavender, and neroli can help produce calm effects.
Cuprum met., Belladonna, and Cicuta can help relieve symptoms and linger after effects of convulsion.
Asafetida, mugwort, skullcap, and valerian root can be helpful for inducing calm.
Rescue Remedy® after seizure and for accompanying emotional/mental states.
Alternative Professional Care:
If your symptoms persist despite the above measures, seek the help of a qualified health professional. The following professional care therapies have all been shown to be useful for treating and relieving the symptoms of convulsions: Acupressure, Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Environmental Medicine, Guided Imagery, Light Therapy, Magnetic Field Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine, Osteopathy, and Traditional Chinese Medicine. (See Glossary for descriptions of these Alternative Therapies.)
Australia bans flu vaccines in children after seizures: www.naturalnews.com/029586_Australia_vaccines.html
Cyanide found in Vitamin supplements causes convulsions: www.naturalnews.com/036367_vitamin_B-12_cyanide_cyanocobalamin.html
Combination tetanus and whooping cough vaccine linked to convulsions: www.naturalnews.com/035072_Dtap_vaccine_seizures_babies.html
Differences and similarities between convulsions, seizures and epilepsy: www.howcast.com/videos/502000-Differences-between-Seizures-and-Convulsions-Epilepsy-and-Seizure-Disorders
Ayurvedic home remedies for convulsions, seizure and epilepsy: www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7x6tRuH2lI
Aspartame promotes grand mal seizures: www.naturalnews.com/008952_aspartame_seizures.html
Low magnesium associated with convulsions: www.naturalnews.com/025567_magnesium_calories_calcium.html
Vitamin D deficiency linked to convulsions: www.naturalnews.com/020801_Vitamin_D_children_supplements.html
Further Information (links and books)
Living Well with Epilepsy and Other Seizure Disorders: An Expert Explains What You Really Need to Know (Living Well (Collins)) by Carl W. Bazil; Epilepsy and Seizures: Everything You Need to Know (Your Personal Health) by Donald F. Weaver; Treating Epilepsy Naturally : A Guide to Alternative and Adjunct Therapies by Patricia A. Murphy
Andrea Butje | Aromahead email@example.com – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt firstname.lastname@example.org – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA email@example.com – meditation, stress
Judith Hoad firstname.lastname@example.org – herbalist.
Kath May email@example.com – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges firstname.lastname@example.org – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika email@example.com – aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic Practitioner.