Cuts may be mild or severe. The more severe it is and the more the underlying tissues are involved, the longer it may take to heal. In some cases, cuts may require therapeutic stitching to assist in the healing.
Caution: In cases of severe cuts, or cuts that will not stop bleeding, seek a doctor immediately.
Cuts occur when the skin is broken or worn away. This can be the result being cut by a sharp object, falling over or hitting a part of your body against something hard.
A diet rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and zinc enhances wound healing. Foods high in these nutrients include green and yellow vegetables, raw seeds and nuts, eggs, and cold-water fish, as well as fresh organic fruits and vegetables. Be sure to include pineapple in your fruit intake, it contains bromelain which is known to aid the healing process.
Vitamin K is another important vitamin that helps in blood clotting – foods such cabbage, broccoli,
lettuce and seaweed are good choices.
Avoid all saturated and processed fats, as well as refined and processed foods, sugars, caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system when your body is trying to heal so also to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400 The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
For severe cuts: supplement with vitamin A, vitamin C, pantothenic acid, and zinc.
For cuts that are slow to heal: increase your vitamin C intake to three to six times daily, and add proteolytic enzymes (three to four times daily, on empty stomach, until healing gets well underway). You might also consider supplementing with arginine, an amino acid that improves both the speed and quality of wound healing.
As well as the above supplements, also include the following to speed up healing:
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details herekevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription affect your body’s natural ability to heal and contribute to endless health issues. Aim to come off these medications under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages, accidents and disease. Here are some things you can do to restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
- . Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki is very powerful tool in the healing the body and mind. Find a local practitioner here
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in healing stress and illness. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
Stop bleeding with cayenne pepper voices.yahoo.com/how-stop-bleeding-cayenne-pepper-9142207.html?cat=5
Honey for wound healing www.news-medical.net/news/2007/10/18/31398.aspx
Foods that heal deep cuts www.livestrong.com/article/31980-foods-heal-deep-cuts/
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters/
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Cayenne pepper stops bleeding in 10 seconds www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oi9P5SpQr0
Heal cuts quickly with these foods www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3X9t6rnJnk
Omega 3 effect on wound healing www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18471252
Medicinal honey www.medicinalhoney.com.au/research.htm
Further Information (links and books)
Cayenne Pepper Cures (Miracle Healers From The Kitchen) by Sharon Daniels
www.healthyhabitsweb.com (800) 604-6766
www.healthyhabitsweb.com (800) 604-6766
Vitamin O, R Garden
www.livingnutritionals.com (866) 729-3438
Colloidal Silver Hydrosol, Sovereign Silver
www.sovereignsilver.info (888) 328-8840
Topical Tea Tree oil, Desert Essence
Grapefruit seed extract, NutriBiotic
www.nutribiotic.com (800) 225-4345
Vitamin C, Catie’s Organic Vit C Plus
www.energyessentials.com (888) 456-1597
Rescue Remedy®, Bach Flower Essences
www.caycecures.com (800) 862-2923
www.mountainroseherbs.com (800) 879-3337
Topical Treatment, True Aloe
www.naturecity.com (800) 593-2563
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
Judith Hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.