Natural Remedies for Dandruff
Dandruff is a common scalp condition in which the dead skin is shed.
Irritating white flakes, as well as, in some cases, itching, scaling, and redness of the scalp. Dandruff frequently accompanies scalp disease and is a primary cause of baldness and general hair loss. Dandruff may also occur on other skin surfaces, such as the face, chest, and back, and in certain cases yellow crusting may appear.
The next section on natural remedies for dandruff is the causes.
It is frequently due to digestive disturbances, and is highly related to the general health of the entire body.
The most common cause of dandruff is seborrheic dermatitis, a mild scalp inflammation with excessive fatty secretions that usually starts as dry or greasy scaling of the skin, but may progress to yellow-red scaling bumps along the hairline, behind the ears, in the ear canals, on the eyebrows, on the bridge of the nose, in the folds around the nose, or on the breastbone. Don`t pick or your scratch scalp, as this will only exacerbate your condition.
When infants get dandruff, it is called cradle cap, which is a yeast problem. Many skin experts in Europe consider dandruff in adults to also be a yeast problem. In other words, dandruff is often an external symptom of an internal problem. Therefore, dandruff treatments can be similar to those for treating candidiasis.
Now we’ve looked at the causes, we will look at the things to do when it comes to natural remedies for dandruff.
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages
- Avoid fried foods all fast food restaurants
- Avoid all canned food
- Significantly reduce your intake of fats, sugar, chocolate, seafood, nuts and dairy products
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenized dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400 The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey
- Increase raw foods as part of an overall organic, whole foods diet
- Eat more salads and green vegetables
- Vitamin D has been shown to be a key factor in improving health in general. Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day https:/// for periods of up to four weeks at a time
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here kevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Intravenous Chelation www.oaktreewellness.com
From site: Nutritional Supplementation:
The following nutrients are all useful for helping to prevent and reverse dandruff: vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin B complex, essential fatty acids (particularly omega-6), vitamin C, vitamin E, beta carotene, and zinc. Kelp tablets can also help.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription drugs are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Dandruff has been linked to stress so here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here
- . Find out more by clicking here
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here
Cedarwood for dandruff: www.naturalnews.com/032679_cedarwood_dandruff.html
Deal with dandruff naturally: www.naturalnews.com/032295_dandruff_remedies.html
Coconut oil for dandruff and itchy scalp relief: www.naturalnews.com/029120_coconut_oil_hair_conditioner.html
Diet for dandruff: www.dermaharmony.com/dandruff/antidandruffdiettips-samplemenu.aspx
Ayurveda home remedies and dandruff: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAzcJ6QBa6c
Home remedies for dandruff: www.freeinformationguru.com/cureinsomnia/cure-dandruff-videos_g_MlAmDGDjQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player.html
Dandruff and effectiveness of acupuncture: www.acupunctureonlineschool.com/how-to-prevent-and-treat-dandruff-with-step.html
Natural remedies for dandruff: articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-09-12/beauty/28641259_1_dandruff-scalp-home-remedies
Further Information (links and books)
Cheap & Easy All-Natural Dandruff Treatments, Katrina D. Burley; The 99 Cent All-Natural Cure for Dandruff [Kindle Edition], Elizabeth Peebles
Infrared Sauna, Therasauna
www.therasauna.com (888) 729-7727
Probiotics, Healthy Trinity
www.natren.com (866) 462-8736
EFA therapy, Quantum-Rx EFA Oil
www.healthline.cc (800) 370-3447
Organic Noni Juice, Earth’s Bounty
www.earthsbounty.com (800) 736-5609
Aubrey Organics, Selenium Shampoo
www.aubrey-organics.com (800) 282-7394
Giovanni Shampoo, Tea Tree Triple
www.drvita.com (646) 580-6684
Rosemary, tea tree essential oils rubbed into scalp
www.rivendellaromatics.com (805) 649-2476
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
Judith Hoad [email protected] – herbalist
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner
Giovanni Shampoo, Tea Tree Triple
Coconut Oil for scalp rub
Cedarwood oil for scalp rub
Green tea for hair rinse
Fenugreek or methi seeds – made into a paste with water and applied to the scalp:
Apple juice – massaged into the scalp