The most usual symptoms are:
- Bone marrow failure
- Birth defects
- Developmental or eating problems
FA is an inherited disorder. It is passed from parents to children through genes. If a child has FA, his or her brothers and sisters also should be tested for the disorder.
Anemia: The most common symptom of all types of anemia is fatigue (tiredness). Fatigue occurs because your body doesn’t have enough red blood cells to carry oxygen to its various parts. If you have anemia, you may not have the energy to do normal activities. A low red blood cell count also can cause shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches, coldness in your hands and feet, pale skin, and chest pain.
Bone Marrow Failure: When your bone marrow fails, it can’t make enough red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. This can cause many problems that have various signs and symptoms. With too few red blood cells, you can develop anemia. In FA, the size of your red blood cells also can be much larger than normal. This makes it harder for the cells to work well. With too few white blood cells, you’re at risk for infections. Infections also may last longer and be more serious than normal. With too few platelets, you may bleed and bruise easily, suffer from internal bleeding, or have petechiae. Petechiae are tiny red or purple spots on the skin. Bleeding in small blood vessels just below your skin causes these spots.
In some people who have FA, the bone marrow makes a lot of harmful, immature white blood cells called blasts. Blasts don’t work like normal blood cells. As they build up, they prevent the bone marrow from making enough normal blood cells.
A large number of blasts in the bone marrow can lead to a type of blood cancer called acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
Birth Defects: Many birth defects can be signs of FA. These include:
Bone or skeletal defects. FA can cause missing, oddly shaped, or three or more thumbs. Arm bones, hips, legs, hands, and toes may not form fully or normally. People who have FA may have a curved spine, a condition called scoliosis (sco-le-O-sis).
Eye and ear defects. The eyes, eyelids, and ears may not have a normal shape. Children who have FA also might be born deaf.
Skin discoloration. This includes coffee-colored areas or odd-looking patches of lighter skin.
Kidney problems. A child who has FA might be born with a missing kidney or kidneys that aren’t shaped normally.
Congenital heart defects. The most common congenital heart defect linked to FA is a ventricular septal defect (VSD). A VSD is a hole or defect in the lower part of the wall that separates the heart’s left and right chambers.
Other signs and symptoms of FA are related to physical and mental development. They include:
- Low birth weight
- Poor appetite
- Delayed growth
- Below-average height
- Small head size
- Mental retardation or learning disabilities
- Signs and Symptoms of Fanconi Anemia in Adults
Some signs and symptoms of FA may develop as you or your child gets older. Women who have FA may have some or all of the following:
- Sex organs that are less developed than normal
- Menstruating later than women who don’t have FA
- Starting menopause earlier than women who don’t have FA
- Problems getting pregnant and carrying a pregnancy to full term
Men who have FA may have sex organs that are less developed than normal. They also may be less fertile than men who don’t have the disease.
Fanconi anemia (FA) is an inherited disease. The term “inherited” means that the disease is passed from parents to children through genes. At least 13 faulty genes are associated with FA. FA occurs when both parents pass the same faulty FA gene to their child.
People who have only one faulty FA gene are FA “carriers.” Carriers don’t have FA, but they can pass the faulty gene to their children.
If both of your parents have a faulty FA gene, you have:
A 25 percent chance of having FA
A 25 percent chance of not having FA
A 50 percent chance of being an FA carrier and passing the gene to any children you have
If only one of your parents has a faulty FA gene, you won’t have the disorder. However, you have a 50 percent chance of being an FA carrier and passing the gene to any children you have.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400 The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here kevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually dis-ease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
- . Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here (link) or go to www.thetappingsolution.com orwww.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Traditional Chinese Medicine – Ancient Healing www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/traditional_chinese_ancient_healing.php
The best way to cleansing and purification of the body www.naturalcures.com/recommends/
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters/
Squeaky Clean (Colonic Irrigation) www.naturalcures.com/squeaky-clean
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong www.naturalcures.com/Members/newsletters/pdfs/NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT www.naturalcures.com/Members/newsletters/pdfs/NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress www.naturalcures.com/Members/newsletters/pdfs/NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Jump for Joy – Rebounding is a great stress busting workout www.naturalcures.com/Members/newsletters/pdfs/NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Hypnotherapy for stress management – why it is so effective www.naturalcures.com
Natural remedy for Anaemia www.homeveda.com/other-conditions/natural-ayurvedic-home-remedies-for-anaemia.html
EFT for treating disease www.garythink.com/eft/physicial.html
Further Information (links and books)
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food … A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies) by Phyllis Balch
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindi Green
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman and Prevention Magazine
Whole food supplement, Pure Synergy
www.thesynergycompany.com (800) 723-0277
E3 Live, Green Superfoods
Omega-3s, Cod Liver oil
www.drrons.com (877) 472-8701
St. John’s Wort
Sunlight Therapy, Solar Healing
EMF Chaos Elimination, Q-Link
www.toolsforwellness.com (800) 456-9887
Living Freedom, Emotional Release Work
www.totalintegrationinstitute.com (520) 615-9811
Callahan Technique, Thought Field Therapy
www.tftrx.com (760) 564-1008
Dianetics, Dianetics Technology
www.dianetics.com (800) 367-8788
Neuro Emotional Technique
www.netmindbody.com (800) 888-4638
Bowen, Find Practitioner
Rebounder, Evolution Health
www.evolutionhealth.com (888) 896-7790
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
judith hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.