Heavy Metal Poisoning
Symptoms of heavy metal poisoning can vary greatly, and depending on the type of metal toxicity, the age of the affected person (children are more susceptible to heavy metal poisoning), the length of the exposure, and the presence or absence of protective minerals and other nutrients that inhibit the absorption, binding, and effects of the toxic metals. For example, calcium deficiency exacerbates lead toxicity, while normal levels of calcium in the body help to protect against lead toxicity.
One common side effect of these metals is a metallic taste in the mouth. What follows are other common side effects for each of these toxic metals:
Aluminum: Aluminum toxicity may be associated with headaches, cognitive problems, learning disabilities, poor bone density (osteoporosis), ringing in the ears, gastrointestinal disorders, colic, hyperactivity in children, and ataxia (an abnormal walking pattern). Its possible role in poor memory or Alzheimer`s disease is speculative at this time but also worth noting.
Cadmium: Cadmium toxicity can cause fatigue, irritability, headaches, high blood pressure, enlargement of the prostate gland, increased risk for cancer, hair loss, learning disabilities, kidney and liver disorders, skin disorders, painful joints, and decreased immune functioning.
Lead: Lead toxicity can cause poor bone growth and development, learning disabilities, fatigue, poor task performance, irritability, anxiety, high blood pressure, weight loss, increased susceptibility to infection, ringing in the ears, decreased cognitive functioning and concentration and spelling skills, headaches, gastrointestinal problems, constipation, muscle and joint pain, tremors, and overall general decreased immune functioning.
Mercury: Mercury toxicity can cause cognitive and memory problems, irritability, fatigue, insomnia, gastrointestinal disorders, decreased immune response, irrational behavior, numbness, tingling, muscular weakness, impaired vision and hearing, allergic conditions, asthma, and multiple sclerosis.
Nickel: Nickel toxicity may be associated with fatigue, respiratory illnesses, heart conditions, skin rashes, psoriasis, fatigue, and headaches.
As with all diseases this did not happen overnight. The very first thing you must do is see a licensed health professional. Find a list of practitioners in your local area here
Here are some things you can discuss with your practitioner:
- Eliminate Candida: Click here to find out how
- Do the Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol to strengthen the immune system:
- Drink 3oz of Colloidal Silver, three or four times a day for 60 days www.colloidsforlife.com/ Silver has long been recognised as a powerful natural antibiotic. Colloidal silver is silver that has been removed electronically from its source and then suspended in water. It is used to treat a myriad of diseases.
- Go on a fast to clear your system of toxic waste www.wecarespa.com
- We recommend regular colonics to remove toxicity from the body. Read more about colonics by clicking here. Find a practitionerhere.
- Most of the water that we drink is very acidic and in order to heal our bodies need a more alkaline state. During the programme drink alkalised water, which you can buy from Real Water www.drinkrealwater.com/
- Saunas, particularly far-infrared saunas which penetrate up the three inches of the skin and cause fat cells to release stored toxins, are an extremely effective aid in the detoxification process.
Eat an organic, whole foods diet that emphasizes fresh fruits and vegetables, seeds, nuts, garlic, onions, beans, seeds, whole grains (other than wheat), and lots of filtered water.
Fermented foods such as plain organic yogurt and kefir are also helpful.
Avoid seafood, as fish are increasingly becoming a source for heavy metal poisoning, especially mercury.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so also try to adhere to the following
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400 The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
The following supplements help protect against each of the following metals:
Lead: Calcium, vitamin C, amino acids (L-lysine, L-cysteine, and L-cystine), iron, zinc.
Cadmium: Zinc, vitamin C, amino acids (L-methionine, L-cysteine, and L-lysine).
Mercury: Selenium, vitamin C, amino acids (L-glutathione, L-methionine, L-cysteine, and L-cystine).
Nickel: Iron, zinc, vitamin C.
Aluminum: Calcium, magnesium, vitamin B complex, vitamin C.
In addition to the above, folic acid, garlic capsules, oral EDTA, DMSA, DMSO, liver glandulars, and a multivitamin/mineral supplement are recommended. Chlorella and green drink supplements also aid in absorbing and eliminating toxins.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually dis-ease. Here are some things you can do to overcome these blocks and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go towww.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Cilantro chelation therapy for heavy metal detox www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/cilantro-chelation-therapy-heavy-metal-detox.html
Foods to cleanse heavy metals www.livestrong.com/article/174503-foods-to-cleanse-heavy-metals/
Colon cleanse shopping list www.naturalcures.com/cleanses-detox/617-the-colon-cleanse-shopping-list
Cleansing recipes www.naturalcures.com/cleanses-detox/607-cleansing-recipes
The best way to cleansing and purification of the body www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/54_the_best_way_to_cleansing_and_purification_of_the_body_110512.php
Oil pulling and arsenic www.ehow.com/about_6698479_oil-pulling-arsenic.html
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Squeaky Clean (Colonic Irrigation) http://www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/squeaky_clean.php
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong (from August 2012 newsletter)
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT (June 2012 newsletter)
Heavy Metal Toxicity & Food, Nutrition Information www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPpwTSzCYBM
Dr. Cathie-Ann Lippman, MD: Eliminate Heavy Metal Toxicity www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wtglstj4Vw
Oil Pulling – The Underground Cure www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIMm_LI_U7A
Cilantro study www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8914687?dopt=AbstractPlus
Further Information (links and books)
by Bernie S Siegel
The Poisoning of Americans: A Tale of Congress, the FDA, the Agricultural Department, and Chemical and Pharmaceutical Companies and How They Work … Reduce the Health and Life Span of Americans by Jacob Silver
Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing by Bruce N.D. Fife
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindi Green
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
Colloidal Silver: The Natural Antibiotic Alternative by Zane Baranowski
Green Smoothie Bible by Kristine Miles
Andrea Butje | Aromahead firstname.lastname@example.org – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt email@example.com – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA firstname.lastname@example.org – meditation, stress
Judith Hoad email@example.com – herbalist.
Kath May firstname.lastname@example.org – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges email@example.com – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika firstname.lastname@example.org – aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic Practitioner.