Natural Cures For Herpes
Natural Remedies for Herpes
Welcome to natural remedies for herpes. Herpes refers to a class of viral infections of both a sexual and nonsexual nature. There are actually over 70 different types of herpes, all of which are caused by one or more herpes viruses. Overall, herpes viruses are very common in the population at large. In fact, some health experts estimate that 90 per cent of all Americans are infected by one or more strains of herpes virus.
Herpes viruses, once they gain a foothold in the body, can remain dormant for years before symptoms manifest, usually after being triggered by stress to the immune system. In addition, symptoms can come and go, and even when symptoms are no longer noticeable, it does not necessarily mean that the viruses have been eradicated.
Types of Herpes
Although there are more than 70 known herpes viruses, the two most common types of herpes are:
- Herpes Simplex 1 (HSV1) – this is often present in the body simply due to a weakened immune system, not as a result of sexual contact.
- Herpes Simplex 2 (HSV2), or genital herpes. – this is a sexually transmitted disease, or STD.
Both types are very widespread among the population of the United States.
Note: Genital herpes can pass from infected mothers to their babies at the time of birth. Newborns infected with herpes simplex 2 can experience developmental problems due to how herpes affects their young nervous systems. This can lead to seizures and/or mental retardation. To prevent this risk, pregnant women should consider caesarean section births to avoid the spread of HSV2.
Symptoms of herpes simplex 1 primarily manifest as small blisters on the skin and mucus membranes, and as cold sores on the lips and/or along the edge of the nose, which are also known as fever blisters. The blisters and cold sores can be irritating and produce sensations of burning, itching, or tingling. The symptoms are usually no more than nuisances, however, and generally resolve themselves without treatment within a week to ten days.
Genital herpes, symptoms of which usually first manifest within a week or less after unprotected sex with an infected partner, initially manifest as a persistent burning sensation or itch on or around the genitals (usually the moist linings that surround the genitals). Within 24 hours, this is followed by small, pimple-like outbreaks and reddened skin in the genital area that can quickly progress to painful lesions and sores and discharge blood and pus. Eventually (usually within a week of the initial sensations of burning or itching) scabs form over the sores and lesions and they start to heal until the next outbreak.
In women, the sores and lesions usually occur around the vagina, the cervix, and around the anus. In men, they typically occur on the glans (the bulbous end of the penis), the foreskin of the penis, the shaft of the penis, and/or around the anus.
The next part of natural remedies for herpes is the causes.
Herpes is caused by one of more than 70 infectious herpes viruses. Outbreaks caused by herpes are most often triggered by physical or emotional stress that suppresses immune function. Nutritional deficiencies can also increase the risk of contracting herpes. Anxiety is the greatest predictor of herpes eruption so it figures that stress reduction can help prevent herpes attacks. Taking supplements to support the adrenal glands is especially important in times of stress and therefore the following are recommended:
As with all sexually transmitted diseases, the most effective response is prevention. To avoid herpes, do the following:
Be careful about choosing a sex partner and find out about his or her health and sexual history before engaging in a sexual relationship. Have sex only if the person has no apparent signs of infection and is willing to assure your protection during sexual intimacy. Be prepared to talk and inquire about past experiences. Be direct and persistent. Make conversations about health a natural part of the sexual relationship.
Limit the number of people you have sex with. The risk of contracting an STD rises exponentially in direct relation to how many sexual partners you have.
Avoid sex altogether if your partner exhibits open lesions or swelling on his or her body.
Always practice safe sex. Men should always use a latex condom, especially when engaging in sex with someone new. As an alternative, women can consider the use of a latex female condom. When engaging in oral sex, use a latex dental dam. Long-term, monogamous sexual partners should also use some form of protective contraceptive unless planning a pregnancy.
Avoid swallowing semen, as it acts as an immune suppressant and thus can increase the risk of STDs caused by infectious micro-organisms.
Avoid anal sex, especially without protection.
Urinate after you have sexual intercourse in order to help clean the urethra and prevent infection. This applies to both men and women.
Have an annual check-up to be screened for STDs that you may not know you have.
If you know that you have a sexually transmitted disease, be responsible. Inform your partner and insist that he or she be examined and treated as well. Follow the treatment regimen that your physician prescribes as completely as possible, and always use protection whenever you engage in sex.
Now we’ve looked at the causes, let’s look at the things to do when it comes to natural remedies for herpes.
Healthy eating is of primary importance. Drink plenty of pure filtered water and increase your intake of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, and complex whole grains, as well as organic, free-range meats, poultry, and wild-caught fish that are rich in essential fatty acids, such as sardines and salmon.
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants, commercial and processed foods.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Avoid salt.
- Avoid wheat and wheat products.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine and tobacco.
- Do not eat saturated, trans-, hydrogenated or partially-hydrogenated fats and oils. Instead choose from extra virgin olive oil, high lignin flax seed oil, and unrefined hemp seed, walnut, and sunflower oils.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- Foods high in the amino acid arginine should be avoided, since arginine can trigger more frequent herpes outbreaks. Such foods include almonds, peanuts, and other nuts and seeds, including sesame and sunflower seeds, coconut, chocolate, wheat and wheat byproducts, soy, lentils, oats, corn, rice, barley, tomatoes, and squash
- Avoid acid producing foods, such as citrus fruits, including tomatoes, during outbreaks, as these foods will increase the severity of herpes outbreaks.
- Undergo testing for potential food allergies and sensitivities and avoid those foods to which you test positive, as these can reduce immune function. Consider a rotation diet or elimination diet in order to further reduce the likelihood of food allergies.Nutrition and diet are key players in the healing and elimination of imbalance and disease. For a complete, nutrition packed, whole foods eating plan, read the Whole Foods Diet. In many cases, a raw food eating plan can be extremely beneficial. To learn more, read Raw Food Diet. You can print out these full articles for easy reference.
- Vitamin D has been shown to be a key factor in boosting the immune system. Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met.
Nutritional Supplements: The following nutrients can be helpful: vitamin A, B-complex, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin C, zinc, adrenal glandular extract, quercitin, and the amino acid lysine. Lauric acid, known as monolaurin, is also useful for preventing outbreaks. Avoid any supplement that contains the amino acid arginine.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
- Vitamin C powder added to a bit of water can be applied topically over lesions as a paste. This will help to quickly dry them up. Vitamin E oil applied topically is effective as well.
- Salves made from one or more of the following ingredients can help soothe symptoms and speed healing: aloe vera gel, baking soda, calendula cream, goldenseal powder, licorice root powder, vitamin E oil, vitamin C paste, and zinc sulfate ointment. An ice compress applied topically can also assist healing.
The next section on natural remedies for herpes is all about the mind.
When considering natural remedies for herpes, we cannot ignore the mental aspect. We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually dis-ease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Discover More Articles on Natural Remedies for Herpes
EFT cures Herpes: articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/07/26/eft-herpes.aspx
Natural treatment for Herpes: https://www.healthline.com/health/sexually-transmitted-diseases/home-remedies-for-herpes#herbs-oils-and-other-topicals
Treatment for Herpes – Natural: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE7hQ0nsSwo
Bach Flower Remedies for Treating Herpes: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBbsfZURykQ
Natural Cure for Herpes Part 1: www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcSRGNx0GZU
Homeopathic treatment for Herpes: iadr.confex.com/iadr/latin05/preliminaryprogram/abstract_93979.htm
Herbal Mixtures Aid Recovery Time for Herpes Sufferers: online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/acm.2006.6297?prevSearch=allfield%253A%2528herpes%2529&searchHistoryKey=
Further Information (links and books)
Book – The One Minute Cure – https://www.amazon.com/One-Minute-Cure-Healing-Virtually-Diseases/dp/0977075141
Larrea, Eclectic Institute
www.eclecticherb.com (800) 332-4372
Lysine, Super Lysine+
www.quantumhealth.com (800) 448-1448
Red marine algae
www.pureplanet.com (562) 951-1124
Gently wash with food grade hydrogen peroxide
www.familyhealthnews.com (800) 284-6263
Soft Laser Therapy, Q1000 Soft Laser
www.softlasertherapy.org (803) 955-0178
The Wolfe Clinic
Discover the Experts When it Comes to Natural Remedies for Herpes
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
Judith Hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.