Hoof and Mouth/Foot and Mouth Disease
Hoof and mouth disease, foot and mouth, hand, foot and mouth, or hoof, foot and mouth as it’s sometimes called, is usually a short mild illness mainly affecting children. Most children recover within a week and serious complications occur on rare occasions. Please note that this disease is not related to the disease with a similar name which affects animals.
Due to an infection that usually causes a typical illness including a rash, hand, foot and mouth disease is most commonly a result of the Coxsackie A16 virus. However, some cases are caused by a different, but related, virus known as enterovirus 71. Rarely, the same illness is caused by other strains of Coxsackievirus.
Most commonly affecting children under 10 years of age, older children and adults can still be affected by the disease. However, adults and older children tend to develop a milder form of the illness.
The illness starts with a feeling of being unwell for a day or so, which may be accompanied by a high temperature (fever), a sore throat and small spots inside the mouth. These small spots soon progress into small mouth ulcers.
In around three in every four cases of the illness, spots may also develop on the skin. This tends to happen a day or so after the mouth ulcers occur, and the spots are small and appear on the hands and feet. They can also appear on the buttocks, legs and genitals, but rarely on other areas of the body. Similar in appearance to chickenpox, the spots are not itchy but can be fairly sore.
While the fever and spots may clear within a few days, the mouth ulcers associated with the illness may last up to seven days and may result in a sore mouth.
In a very small number of cases, the virus can affect the heart, lungs or brain to cause a serious inflammation of the heart, lung or brain, which can be fatal in some cases. But it must be noted that these complications are rare.
This illness is infectious and the incubation period is three to five days, which means it takes three to five days to develop symptoms after being infected.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
Judith Hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected]et – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.