Laryngitis is inflammation of the larynx (voice box), the upper part of the windpipe, the pharynx (located below the root of tongue) and/or the trachea (windpipe).
Symptoms of laryngitis include hoarseness, loss of voice, constant need or urge to clear the throat, and/or a tickling sensation at the back of the throat. In some cases, laryngitis can also be accompanied by pain, fatigue, difficulty swallowing, and fever.
Laryngitis can be caused by viral, yeast (candidiasis), and/or bacterial infections; excessive use of the voice; screaming; rage; allergies; inhalation of irritating substances; or because of illnesses such as flu, bronchitis, measles, diphtheria, and pneumonia. All of these underlying factors must be screened for an addressed to fully resolve laryngitis.
As with all diseases this did not happen overnight. The very first thing you must do is see a licensed health professional. Find a list of practitioners in your local area here
Here are some things you can discuss with your practitioner:
- Eliminate Candida: Click here to find out how
- Do the Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol to strengthen the immune system:
- Drink 3oz of Colloidal Silver, three or four times a day for 60 days www.colloidsforlife.com Silver has long been recognised as a powerful natural antibiotic. Colloidal silver is silver that has been removed electronically from its source and then suspended in water. It is used to treat a myriad of diseases.
- Go on a fast to clear your system of toxic waste www.wecarespa.com
Hydrotherapy is the application of water, ice, steam and hot and cold temperatures to maintain and restore health. Treatments include full body immersion, steam baths, saunas, sitz baths, colonic irrigation and the application of hot and/or cold compresses. Hydrotherapy is effective for treating a wide range of conditions and can easily be used in the home as part of a self-care program. Many Naturopathic Physicians, Physical Therapists and Day Spas use Hydrotherapy as part of treatment. We suggest several at-home hydrotherapy treatments. Please seek the advice of your alternative health care practitioner before undergoing these procedures to make sure they are appropriate for you.
Hyperthermia: Hyperthermia involves artificially creating fever in the body for the purpose of boosting immune function. Hyperthermia can be a highly effective method of eliminating toxins and heavy metals, as well as infectious bacteria and viruses that cannot survive in elevated body temperatures. We suggest several at-home hyperthermia treatments. Please seek the advice of your alternative health care practitioner before undergoing these sweat-inducing procedures to make sure they are appropriate for you.
*Purified water is essential for any hydrotherapy or hyperthermia treatment. Remedies for Treating Chlorinated Bath Water offers clear instructions and recommendations.
- We recommend regular colonics to remove toxicity from the body. Read more about colonics by clicking here. Find a practitioner here.
- Most of the water that we drink is very acidic and in order to heal our bodies need a more alkaline state. During the programme drink alkalised water, which you can buy from Real Water http://www.drinkrealwater.com/
Gargle with raspberry tea – pour 1 cup boiling water over 2 teaspoons dried leaves. Let it steep for 10 minutes, strain and leave to cool. Gargle for a minute, spit out and repeat until the tea is used up. Raspberry tea is a good fever-reducing drink, too.
Gargle with sage – mix 1 teaspoon in 1 cup boiling water. Steep for 10 minutes, then strain. Add 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar and another of honey and gargle four times a day.
Gargle with turmeric – mix 1 cup hot water, ½ teaspoon turmeric and ½ teaspoon sea salt. Gargle with the mixture twice a day.
Gargle with warm saltwater –add ½ teaspoon of sea salt to ½ cup of very warm water and mix. Gargle every three to four hours.
Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to half a glass of water and drink 3 times a day.
Use raw organic honey, it has antibacterial properties and acts as a hypertonic osmotic, meaning that it draws water out of inflamed tissue, which reduces swelling and discomfort. Add 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of hot water or herbal tea.
Make ginger tea – peel a piece of ginger root and boil in a cup of water, squeeze fresh lemon and sweeten with a little honey – sip the hot tea slowly.
Increase your intake of pure filtered water, hot herbal teas, diluted fruit juices, and broths.
Eat an organic whole foods diet that emphasizes raw fruit and vegetables.
Avoid foods that you are allergic or sensitive to.
Cook with garlic, ginger, shiitake mushrooms and reishi mushrooms, as they all have immune-boosting properties.
Avoid sugars and refined carbohydrates, processed foods, and milk and dairy products.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey. Check out www.grasslandbeef.com.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here kevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com
- Take Alli-C (super powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasite garlic capsules) – 4 capsules three times a day. 1 capsule is the equivalent to 40 cloves of garlic (without the breath to go with it!!)
- Take Vitamin A, beta carotene and vitamin c with bioflavonoids.
- Take Fivelac probiotics.
- Take zinc lonzenges every 1-2 hours (if nausea occurs, decrease dosages). In one study, people who sucked on a lozenge containing about 13 milligrams of zinc every two hours got rid of viral sore throats three to four days quicker than those who didn’t.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications, but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr. Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – http://ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
As always the fastest most effective way to receive tailored advice to your own situation, you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Ayurvedic practitioners here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
- Cardamom and honey – Mix a few seeds of green cardamom in a teaspoon of honey and take once a day.
- Onion and honey – Mix a teaspoon of onion juice in a teaspoon of honey and take once a day.
- Green cardamom and cinnamon sticks – crush a teaspoon of each into a glass of boiling water. When lukewarm filter the mixture and then gargle with the filtrate.
- Barley and fennel – Take a glass of barley water and pour in 2 teaspoon of fennel seeds. Boil it then drink when lukewarm.
- Juice Fasting and bowel cleansing with enemas to detoxify the system.
- Yoga and meditation to restore harmony.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
To receive bespoke advice based upon your own situation you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Yang Yin Qing Fei Tang – to clear heat and remove toxicity from the lungs.
Gan Mao Tui Re Chong Ji – anti-inflammatory.
Reflexology treatments – to clear energy blockages.
The practise of qigong – to clear stress and promote healing.
Several scientific studies have shown that steaming can actually shorten the duration of a throat infection. Inhaling the essential oils benzoin, lavender, frankincense, thyme, and sandalwood can help soothe rawness and speed healing.
To ensure positive results, always check that the essential oil is a 100% pure plant distillation and that it comes from a reputable source.
Owing to the principles behind homeopathy it is essential you see a licensed practitioner to receive your own personalised prescription. Find your closest Homeopath here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Aconite, Hepar sulph., Phosphorus, Spongia, Causticum, Belladonna, Kali bich., Drosera, and Carbo veg.
Gargle, but do not swallow, an infusion of red sage and yarrow for 1-2 minutes throughout the day as needed. Also take 30 drops of echinacea tincture every hour for two days. Chamomile, bayberry, licorice, and sage teas are also helpful.
Rest your voice completely so your vocal chords can heal quicker – use a pen and paper to communicate for a few days.
Allow yourself to rest and recuperate so that your body can use more of its energy to fight the infection thus reducing your recovery time.
Add moisture to the air in your home to prevent the lining of your throat from becoming too dry. If you don’t have a humidifier, a bowl of water placed on your radiator or heating vent at night will work just as well.
If you smoke it is essential that you quit. Cigarette smoke is extremely irritating to the lining of the throat.
Focus on breathing through your nose, rather than your mouth. It prevents your throat from becoming dry and works as a natural humidifier for the air you breathe.
Replace your toothbrush/sterilize it after throat infections (the bacteria on the bristles can re infect you).
Juice Therapy: The following juice combinations can help heal the throat: carrot and pineapple; carrot and apple; carrot and celery; and carrot, beet, cucumber, and ginger.
Flower Essences: Take Crab Apple to cleanse and heal.
Yoga – The physical postures and breathing exercises comprising the practice of yoga have long been proven by scientific research to promote feelings of relaxation while simultaneously strengthening the body. Research conducted since the 1970s has shown that regular yoga practice not only relieves stress, and stressful emotions such as anxiety and depression, but also improves blood pressure rates and overall cardiovascular health. Yoga is also effective for reducing pain, improving gastrointestinal and respiratory function, and for improving cognitive function and enhancing sight and hearing.
Note: If you are just beginning to explore yoga, it is recommended that you initially do so under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor who can guide you to become aware of the subtleties involved in each yoga posture as well as the corresponding method of breathing.
All about the throat chakra healing.about.com/cs/chakras/a/chakra5.htm
Lessons learned from laryngitis www.divinecaroline.com/22188/66718-lessons-learned-laryngitis
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Ayurveda remedy www.youtube.com/watch?v=twrK3LBs0qE
EFT for sore throat healing www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckfh1RXnurc
Bacterial biofilm associated with chronic laryngitis www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22652944
Further Information (links and books)
Uncover the meaning behind throat problems (scroll down to throat section) www.compassionatedragon.com/metaphysics2.html
The Best Sore Throat Remedies: Direct from Nature’s Pharmacy by Nicholas J. Meyer
The Healing Power of Nature Foods: 50 Revitalizing Superfoods & Lifestyle Choices To Promote Vibrant Health by Susan Smith Jones
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food … A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies) by Phyllis Balch
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
Colloidal Silver: The Natural Antibiotic Alternative by Zane Baranowski
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
Andrea Butje | Aromahead firstname.lastname@example.org – Aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt email@example.com – Organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA firstname.lastname@example.org – Meditation, stress
Judith Hoad email@example.com – Herbalist.
Kath May firstname.lastname@example.org – Reiki, Tai Chi.
Lillian Bridges email@example.com – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika firstname.lastname@example.org – Aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic practitioner.
Throat Rescue, Peaceful Mountain www.amazon.com