Macular degeneration refers to deterioration of the central area of the retina, known as the macula. It is characterized by a loss of sharp vision, meaning it causes an inability to see things sharply defined. Among people 55 years or older in both the United States and Europe, macular degeneration is the number one cause of impaired vision.
Types of Macular Degeneration
There are two main types of macular degeneration—dry (atrophic) and wet (neovascular). Dry macular degeneration accounts for more than 80 per cent of all cases, and is characterized by the build-up of cellular debris beneath the retina.
Wet, or neovascular, degeneration is so named because it is due to abnormal blood vessel growth beneath the retina that can cause leaks that scar the macula.
The primary symptoms of macular degeneration are blurred vision, dark spots at the center of what is being looked at, and distorted vision. This is especially true when looking at objects up close, or when doing detail work, such as reading, writing, knitting, and sewing. Words on a page, for example, may appear bent or wavy, and in some cases it can be impossible to perform such tasks as those mentioned above. Symptoms of macular degeneration begin in the center of the field of vision. Over time, they can spread to the periphery, as well.
As with all diseases this did not happen overnight. The very first thing you must do is see a licensed health professional. Find a list of practitioners in your local area here
Here are some things you can discuss with your practitioner:
- Eliminate Candida: Click here to find out how
- Do the Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol to strengthen the immune system:
- Drink 3oz of Colloidal Silver, three or four times a day for 60 days www.colloidsforlife.com Silver has long been recognised as a powerful natural antibiotic. Colloidal silver is silver that has been removed electronically from its source and then suspended in water. It is used to treat a myriad of diseases.
- Go on a fast to clear your system of toxic waste www.wecarespa.com
Hydrotherapy is the application of water, ice, steam and hot and cold temperatures to maintain and restore health. Treatments include full body immersion, steam baths, saunas, sitz baths, colonic irrigation and the application of hot and/or cold compresses. Hydrotherapy is effective for treating a wide range of conditions and can easily be used in the home as part of a self-care program. Many Naturopathic Physicians, Physical Therapists and Day Spas use Hydrotherapy as part of treatment. We suggest several at-home hydrotherapy treatments. Please seek the advice of your alternative health care practitioner before undergoing these procedures to make sure they are appropriate for you.
*Purified water is essential for any hydrotherapy treatment. The section Remedies for Treating Chlorinated Bath Water offers clear instructions and recommendations.
- We recommend regular colonics to remove toxicity from the body. Read more about colonics by clicking here. Find a practitionerhere.
- Most of the water that we drink is very acidic and in order to heal our bodies need a more alkaline state. During the programme drink alkalised water, which you can buy from Real Water.
Emphasize a diet of organic, whole foods, with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Antioxidant vegetables include bell peppers, carrots, celery, parsley, spinach, tomatoes, yellow squash, and dark-green leafy vegetables, such as chard, collards and kale. Fruit high in anti-oxidants include berries, especially the dark rich colored berries, purple and red grapes, plums, cherries, mangos, melons and citrus fruit. Organic egg yolks are also recommended because they are rich in carotenoids, an important class of antioxidants. It is best to eat soft, rather than hard cooked egg yolks to preserve the heat sensitive valuable carotenoids. Soft boiled, poached, sunny side up, or raw eggs are best.
Raw eggs may be eaten if they come from a reliable organic source and are washed prior to cracking. Samonella travels on the shell of the egg and enters the egg from the outside, so washing eggs with hot sudsy water minimizes exposure.
Avoid all processed and fried foods, sugar and sugar products, refined, simple carbohydrates, alcohol, and unhealthy hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils. Milk and dairy products should be consumed sparingly, and preferably raw and organic. Avoid conventional flesh foods and overcooked/grilled meats. In addition, test for food allergies and sensitivities and eliminate those foods that test positive.
Also be sure to drink plenty of pure, filtered water throughout the day, at least half your body weight in ounces, to help flush out accumulated debris in the eye drainage channels. Proper hydration is also essential for maintaining the suppleness of the eyes’ lenses. Fresh raw green juices are also an important addition to one`s daily food plan. See the recipe section for green juice suggestions.
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey. Check out http://www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400.
Useful nutrients include vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, vitamin E, alpha-lipoic acid, beta-carotene, betaine hydrochloride, chromium, digestive enzymes, flavonoids, lutein, magnesium, N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC), riboflavin, rutin, selenium, taurine, zeaxthanin, and zinc. DHA or omega-3 oils, such as fish oil, are also advised.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day .
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr. Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
- Alphabiotics www.alphabiotics.biz
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Prevent macular degeneration: www.naturalnews.com/032835_macular_degeneration_prevention.html
Saffron could save your eyesight: www.naturalnews.com/028346_saffron_eyesight.html
How to improve your eyesight with yoga: maculardegeneration.ws/&/how-to-improve-your-eyesight-using-yoga
Wolfberries in treating macular degeneration: www.livestrong.com/article/435216-wolfberry-macular-degeneration
Ayurvedic home remedy for macular degeneration: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg5n-ztYIbI
Acupuncture for macular degeneration: www.youtube.com/watch?v=657mm18sNXE
Curing macular degeneration is here: www.naturalnews.com/032785_macular_degeneration_cure.html
Lutein prevents macular degeneration: www.naturalnews.com/010203_lutein_eye_health.html
Quercetin prevents against macular degeneration: www.naturalnews.com/023292_quercetin_food_antioxidant.html
Spinach protects against macular degeneration: www.naturalnews.com/020542_spinach_broccoli.html
Further Information (links and books)
Save Your Sight! : Natural Ways to Prevent and Reverse Macular Degeneration by Marc R. Rose and Michael R. Rose;
Healing the Eye the Natural Way: Alternate Medicine and Macular Degeneration by Edward Kondrot M.D., William K. Coors and M.D., Edward C. Kondrot; The Macular Degeneration Handbook: Natural Ways to Prevent & Reverse It by Chet Cunningham ;
Healing Your Eyes with Chinese Medicine: Acupuncture, Acupressure, & Chinese Herbs by Andy Rosenfarb and Marc Grossman; Eye Care Naturally by E. Michael Geiger;
The Macular Degeneration Handbook: Natural Ways to Prevent & Reverse It by Chet Cunningham
Vision Sense, NorthStar Nutritionals – (800) 913-2592
Vision Advantage – www.drdavidwilliams.com (800) 888-1415
Vision Essentials, Health Directions – www.drwhitaker.com (888) 886-8213
Vision Clear Formula, Vibrant Life – www.ivlproducts.com (800) 218-1378
Program for Better Vision, Real Health Breakthroughs – www.realhealthlabs.com (800) 565-6656
Macular Degeneration – www.altoonamedicalsupply.com (800) 442-8367
Vision Formula, Vita-Vision – www.vitalmaxvitamins.com (800) 815-5151
Carina Goodrich firstname.lastname@example.org – Eyesight specialist
Andrea Butje | Aromahead email@example.com – Aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt firstname.lastname@example.org – Organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA email@example.com – Meditation, stress
Judith Hoad firstname.lastname@example.org – Herbalist.
Kath May email@example.com – Reiki, Tai Chi.
Lillian Bridges firstname.lastname@example.org – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika email@example.com – Aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic practitioner.