Initial symptoms of measles include cold-like symptoms, red eyes and sensitivity to light, fever, and greyish-white spots in the mouth and throat.
After a few days, a red-brown spotty rash will appear, which tends to start behind the ears and will spread around the head and neck, before spreading to the legs and the rest of the body.
The measles virus spreads very easily, and is caused by breathing droplets of the virus via other people’s coughs or sneezes, or by touching a surface that has been contaminated with the droplets and then placing your hands near your nose or mouth.
If you’re suffering from measles you may benefit from trying an all-fruit diet for the first three days of the ailment. Fresh fruits should be used for this step along with fresh fruit juices like orange juice and lemon juice.
Hydration is also important so the constant intake of fluids like juices and water is needed.
Following the fruit stage of the diet, the patient can be given a soft diet that comprises fruit (such as grapes, grapefruits and cantaloupes), whole grain cereals and bland soups. A balanced diet should then follow after a few days of this soft and low-sodium, low-spice diet.
The balanced diet that follows this soft diet should consist of foods that are high in vitamins A, B complex, and C. Try to avoid greasy foods, fatty foods, and processed items. Also, avoid caffeinated and sweet drinks like coffee and soft drinks to help the individual heal better.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey. Check out http://www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400.
Vitamin A is essential for the functioning of the immune system and the healthy growth and development of children. Zinc has also been found to be beneficial in the treatment of the illness.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications, but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Traditional Chinese Medicine – Ancient Healing www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/traditional_chinese_ancient_healing.php
The best way to cleansing and purification of the body www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/54_the_best_way_to_cleansing_and_purification_of_the_body_110512.php
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Squeaky Clean (Colonic Irrigation) www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/squeaky_clean.php
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Jump for Joy – Rebounding is a great stress busting workout NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Hypnotherapy for stress management – why it is so effective www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/hypnotherapy_for_stress.php
Home remedy for measles www.homeveda.com/skin/natural-ayurvedic-home-remedies-for-measles.html
EFT for treating disease www.garythink.com/eft/physicial.htm
Further Information (links and books)
The Invisible Enemy: A Natural History of Viruses [Paperback] by Dorothy Crawford
Home remedies for measles: www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Measles.html
Lifestyle and home remedies for measles
Vitamin A supplements reduce deaths caused by measles and diarrhoea, study findswww.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/12/101207191447.htm
Diet, vitamins and measles disease treatment www.simple-remedies.com/home-remedies/measles/measles-diet.html
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food … A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies) by Phyllis Balch
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindi Green
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman and Prevention Magazine
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – Aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – Organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – Meditation, stress
Judith Hoad [email protected] – Herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – Reiki, Tai Chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – Aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic practitioner.