Nausea is a distressful sensation that usually occurs in upper gastrointestinal tract (stomach and/or small intestine) that may be accompanied by vomiting.
Nausea is an unpleasant, queasy feeling in the throat or stomach that may result in vomiting.
Nausea is not an illness per se, but a possible sign of overeating, food poisoning, parasites, inner ear disorders, excess alcohol consumption, or the flu. It can also be a sign of pregnancy, especially in the first trimester.
Nausea can also be due to a lack of digestive enzymes and/or a toxic colon. Toxins in the liver can also trigger nausea attacks, as can anxiety and emotional stress. All of these potential underlying causes must be screened for and addressed in cases of prolonged nausea.
Excessive intake of zinc in particular or too many vitamins and minerals at one time can cause nausea. To reduce the risk of this happening, take your supplements with your meals unless directed otherwise and limit your zinc intake to 30 mg per day.
As with all diseases this did not happen overnight. The very first thing you must do is see a licensed health professional. Find a list of practitioners in your local area here.
Here are some things you can discuss with your practitioner:
- Eliminate Candida: Click here to find out how
- Do the Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol to strengthen the immune system:
- Drink 3oz of Colloidal Silver, three or four times a day for 60 days www.colloidsforlife.com Silver has long been recognised as a powerful natural antibiotic. Colloidal silver is silver that has been removed electronically from its source and then suspended in water. It is used to treat a myriad of diseases.
- Go on a fast to clear your system of toxic waste www.wecarespa.com
Hydrotherapy is the application of water, ice, steam and hot and cold temperatures to maintain and restore health. Treatments include full body immersion, steam baths, saunas, sitz baths, colonic irrigation and the application of hot and/or cold compresses. Hydrotherapy is effective for treating a wide range of conditions and can easily be used in the home as part of a self-care program. Many Naturopathic Physicians, Physical Therapists and Day Spas use Hydrotherapy as part of treatment.
There are several at-home hydrotherapy treatments. For treating rheumatoid arthritis, we recommended constitutional hydrotherapy (apply two to five times weekly) or a heating compress (apply once daily to affected areas). Please seek the advice of your alternative health care practitioner before undergoing these procedures to make sure they are appropriate for you.
- We recommend regular colonics to remove toxicity from the body. Read more about colonics by clicking here. Find a practitionerhere.
- Most of the water that we drink is very acidic and in order to heal our bodies need a more alkaline state. During the programme drink alkalised water, which you can buy from Real Water.
- Take a bath as often as possible up to once a day with two litres of 35% food grade Hydrogen Peroxide.
Eat smaller, more frequent meals and avoid processed fats. During an attack of nausea, nibbling whole-grain crackers or sipping lemon water can be helpful. To avoid nausea as a result of eating, avoid aspartame, monosodium glutamate (MSG), and all foods that contain chemical additives. Also avoid eating raw fish, as this can often lead to parasites. In addition, assess your risk of food allergies and avoid all foods to which you may be allergic or sensitive.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
Vitamin B complex, vitamin B6, and magnesium are useful nutrients for treating nausea.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met.The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
As always the fastest most effective way to receive tailored advice to your own situation, you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Ayurvedic practitioners here.
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
- A mixture of cardamom and honey
- Nutmeg and cardamom in warm milk
- Cumin seeds and ground nutmeg in boiling water
- Other preparations are Rasa, Lehya, Choorma , Bhasma and Kashya
Traditional Chinese Medicine
To receive bespoke advice based upon your own situation you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners here.
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Acupuncture – this has proven especially beneficial in alleviating the symptoms of nausea.
Several Chinese herbs are available for treating nausea and two of the best are:
- Ginger – Sheng Jiang – Fresh ginger is a common herb used in Chinese medicine to help digestion. It can warm the stomach and is particularly good for reducing symptoms of morning sickness. Ginger can be drunk as a tea or taken in concentrated capsule form.
- Cardamon Seed – Sha Ren – Cardamon also calms the stomach. It is also excellent for treating morning sickness due to its additional function of “calming the fetus”, which means it is used for the prevention of miscarriage. Cardamon can also be ground and made into a tea, along with ginger, to alleviate nausea.
Put a drop of peppermint oil on the tongue at the first sign of a nausea attack. This will often stop it from progressing or prevent it from becoming serious.
To ensure positive results, always check that the essential oil is a 100% pure plant distillation and that it comes from a reputable source.
Owing to the principles behind homeopathy it is essential you see a licensed practitioner to receive your own personalised prescription. Find your closest Homeopath here.
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Useful homeopathic remedies include Ipecac., Nux vom., Pulsatilla, Calc fluor., Colchicum, and Arsen alb.
Chamomile, ginger, and peppermint teas are all excellent herbal remedies for nausea. Aniseed, cinnamon, clove, cumin and fennel are also good.
Flower Essences: Rescue Remedy® is excellent for nausea due to anxiety or emotional stress.
Cranberry juice – Avoiding solid food for a day is sometimes recommended when you’re nauseated and vomiting, but don’t give up the fluids. Drink cranberry juice during your fast. It’s generally easy on your digestive tract.
Lemon juice – Mix together 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. The secret then is how you take it – dip your finger into the mix and lick it off so that you take it in slowly. An old folk remedy that works!
Lime juice – For an immediate nausea/vomiting stopper, mix 1 cup water, 10 drops lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Then add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and drink.
Apple Cider Vinegar – Sometimes the smell of vomit can cause additional vomiting, or continued nausea. After you vomit, rinse the remaining particles out of your mouth with 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar in a 4-ounce glass. The stomach acids in vomit can be harsh on tooth enamel. Just rinse, don’t gargle. This freshens your breath, too. Make sure the vinegar is organic.
Yoga – The physical postures and breathing exercises comprising the practice of yoga have long been proven by scientific research to promote feelings of relaxation while simultaneously strengthening the body. Research conducted since the 1970s has shown that regular yoga practice not only relieves stress, and stressful emotions such as anxiety and depression, but also improves blood pressure rates and overall cardiovascular health. Yoga is also effective for reducing pain, improving gastrointestinal and respiratory function, and for improving cognitive function and enhancing sight and hearing.
Note: If you are just beginning to explore yoga, it is recommended that you initially do so under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor who can guide you to become aware of the subtleties involved in each yoga posture as well as the corresponding method of breathing.
Qigong –Is a wonderful form of exercise, breath work and meditation to relieve stress and tension in the body. See article section for more information about the art of qigong.
Natural home remedies for nausea: health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-nausea2.htm
The best way to cleansing and purification of the bodywww.naturalcures.com/healthblog/54_the_best_way_to_cleansing_and_purification_of_the_body_110512.php
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Jump for Joy – Rebounding is a great stress busting workout NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Hypnotherapy for stress management – why it is so effective www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/hypnotherapy_for_stress.php
Natural Ayurvedic home cures for morning sickness: www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYbORHTvApY
Natural Ayurvedic home cures for nausea: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-yNoBsfkN0
Nausea home remedies: video.india.com/health/vnt/78076/1/health-tip-home-remedies-for-nausea-19-january.html
EFT for treating disease www.garythink.com/eft/physicial.html
Ayurveda home treatments: www.homeveda.com/digestive-disorders/natural-ayurvedic-home-remedies-for-nausea.html
Ayurveda home remedy for vomiting: www.homeveda.com/digestive-disorders/natural-ayurvedic-home-remedies-for-vomiting.html
Ginger root eases nausea: www.naturalnews.com/034934_ginger_root_nausea_vomiting.html
Homeopathic remedies ease morning sickness: www.naturalnews.com/030917_morning_sickness_homeopathy.html
Using hypnosis to cure nausea in cancer patients: www.naturalnews.com/024817_patients_cancer_chemotherapy.html
Acupuncture proven to reduce nausea in post-operative patients: www.naturalnews.com/026222_results_NIH_patients.html
Further Information (links and books)
Sickless: 51 Treatments for Morning Sickness by Abid Rahman RPh; The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide To The Curative Power Of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman ; 1,000 Indian Recipes (1,000 Recipes) by Neelam Batra;
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food … A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies) by Phyllis Balch
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindi Green
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman and Prevention Magazine