A disease which affects the whole body, muscle weakness and tenderness can be signs of polymyositis and a rash is a sign of a similar condition, dermatomyositis.
Common symptoms of polymyositis include the following:
- Muscle/joint pain
- Difficulty swallowing
- Muscle weakness in the shoulders and hips, which can make it difficult to raise arms over the head, or climb stairs
- Shortness of breath and problems with the voice (as a result of weak throat muscles)
- Loss of appetite/weight loss
- Morning stiffness
While the exact cause of polymyositis is unknown, the disease shares many characteristics with autoimmune disorders, in which your immune system attacks normal body components. Normally, your immune system works to protect your healthy cells from attacks by foreign substances, such as bacteria and viruses. However, if you suffer from polymyositis, an unknown cause may act as a trigger for your immune system to begin producing autoimmune antibodies (autoantibodies) that attack your body’s own tissues. Many people with polymyositis show a detectable level of autoantibodies in their blood, which is believed to be a resulting factor of the illness.
An anti-inflammatory diet is believed to be beneficial, say some health practitioners, and according to Phyllis A.Blanch, a certified nutritional consultant and author of ‘Prescription for Nutritional Healing’, an anti-inflammatory diet includes eliminating certain foods from your diet, such as soft drinks, white flour products, sugar, junk foods, and foods rich in omega-6 fatty acids.
Instead, patients should enjoy a diet which includes blueberries, spinach, strawberries, herring, mackerel, salmon, sardines, papaya and pineapple, it is thought.
Spinach is also believed to be a useful food in treating the illness as it’s a great source of flavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
If you’re suffering from polymyositis, your health practitioner may recommend bone protecting supplements like vitamin D and calcium.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Traditional Chinese Medicine – Ancient Healing www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/traditional_chinese_ancient_healing.php
The best way to cleansing and purification of the body www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/54_the_best_way_to_cleansing_and_purification_of_the_body_110512.php
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Squeaky Clean (Colonic Irrigation) https://naturalcures.com/healthblog/squeaky_clean.php
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Jump for Joy – Rebounding is a great stress busting workout NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Hypnotherapy for stress management – why it is so effective www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/hypnotherapy_for_stress.php
Foods that help heal polymyositis www.youtube.com/watch?v=AViyqt2FrK4
Strengthen your immune system with this home remedy www.homeveda.com/other-conditions/natural-ayurvedic-home-remedies-for-weak-immune-system.html
Healing the body meditation /www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFh-Km4AXeE&feature=related
EFT for treating disease www.garythink.com/eft/physicial.html
Further Information (links and books)
Best essential oils for pain www.experience-essential-oils.com/essential-oils-for-pain.html
Homeopathy for polymyositis www.thejasminfoundation.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=154%3Apolymyositis&catid=31&Itemid=58
Natural therapy for polymyositis www.livestrong.com/article/539795-natural-therapy-for-polymyositis
Diet for polymyositis sufferers www.livestrong.com/article/493104-polymyositis-diet
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food … A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies) by Phyllis Balch
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindi Green
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman and Prevention Magazine
Whole food supplement, Pure Synergy
www.thesynergycompany.com (800) 723-0277
E3 Live, Green Superfoods
Omega-3s, Cod Liver oil
www.drrons.com (877) 472-8701
St. John’s Wort
Sunlight Therapy, Solar Healing
EMF Chaos Elimination, Q-Link
www.toolsforwellness.com (800) 456-9887
Living Freedom, Emotional Release Work
www.totalintegrationinstitute.com (520) 615-9811
Callahan Technique, Thought Field Therapy
www.tftrx.com (760) 564-1008
Dianetics, Dianetics Technology
www.dianetics.com (800) 367-8788
Neuro Emotional Technique
www.netmindbody.com (800) 888-4638
Bowen, Find Practitioner
Rebounder, Evolution Health
www.evolutionhealth.com (888) 896-7790
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
Judith Hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.