Renal Cell Carcinoma
Most cases of kidney cancer do not cause any symptoms in the early stages.
The most common symptoms of mid- to advanced-stage kidney cancer are:
- blood in your urine – the amount of blood is usually high enough to change the colour of your urine to a reddish or dark brown colour
- a constant pain below your ribs
- a lump in your abdomen (stomach)
Less common symptoms of kidney cancer include:
- unexplained weight loss
- a high temperature (fever) of 38C (100.4F) or above
- night sweats
- a general sense of feeling unwell
- swelling of the veins in the testicles (in men)
We recommend that you consult a licensed health practitioner if you notice blood in your urine. It is highly unlikely to be the result of kidney cancer. It will usually be a symptom of a less serious condition that still requires treatment, such as a kidney stone or bladder stone.
The Three Leading Risk Factors for Kidney Cancer are:
- Smoking – Smoking is a significant risk factor for developing kidney cancer, and the more you smoke the greater the risk. For example, research has shown that if you regularly smoke 10 cigarettes a day, you are 150% more likely to develop kidney cancer compared to a non-smoker. This is increased to 200% if you smoke 20 or more cigarettes a day.
- Obesity – This is another important risk factor for cancer of the kidney, particularly in women. One way of assessing a person’s weight is to measure their Body Mass Index (BMI). Men who have a BMI score of between 25 and 29.9 are overweight and have an 18% increase in their risk of developing kidney cancer. Women with a BMI score in this category have a 32% increase in their risk of developing kidney cancer
Men who have a BMI score of 30 or above are obese and have a 55% increase in their risk of developing kidney cancer. Women with a BMI score of 30 or above have an 85% increase in their risk of developing kidney cancer.
One theory as to why being overweight or obese increases a person’s risk of developing kidney cancer is that overweight or obese people, particularly women, have higher levels of a hormone called oestrogen in their body. It is thought that excess levels of oestrogen may stimulate the growth of cancerous cells.
- High blood pressure -People with poorly controlled high blood pressure who need medication to help lower it are up to twice as likely to develop kidney cancer compared with the population at large. This could be due to several reasons. For example: high blood pressure is associated with smoking and obesity, so these two factors could be increasing the risk. High blood pressure can be caused by kidney disease, so there may be a kidney condition that has yet to be identified that causes both high blood pressure and kidney cancer.
A number of other possible risk factors for kidney cancer include:
- exposure to certain chemicals such as asbestos and cadmium: asbestos is a mineral that was widely used in the construction industry but was banned in 1999, and cadmium is a metal used to manufacture batteries
- tuberous sclerosis: a rare genetic condition that causes multiple non-cancerous tumours to grow in the body -an estimated 1 in every 100 people with tuberous sclerosis will develop kidney cancer
- Von Hippel-Lindau disease: another rare genetic condition that causes small non-cancerous tumours to develop inside the nervous system – people with the condition have about a one in three chance of developing kidney cancer
- cocaine misuse: cocaine itself does not cause kidney cancer but a chemical called phenacetin that criminals use to ‘cut’ cocaine (dilute it) does
kidney transplant – people who have a kidney transplant have an estimated 1 in 100 chance of developing kidney cancer in their remaining ‘native’ kidney
- people with kidney failure who require dialysis: dialysis is a treatment that is designed to replicate the functions of the kidneys – people who require dialysis are three times more likely to develop kidney cancer than the population at large
If you do the Jeff McCombs Candida Protocol you will already be avoiding all of the foods that trigger cancer. However here are the foods to avoid at all costs.
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food or chain restaurants and all processed food.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eat mostly fresh, organic vegetables and fruits.
Avoid all foods that are high in unhealthy saturated and trans- fats, hydrogenated and partially-hydrogenated fats and oils, margarine, and shortening. Eliminate refined white flour, which is found in the majority of foods found on a typical grocery store shelf, including bread, bagels, crackers, cakes, cookies, and other baked good, pasta. Also avoid alcohol, caffeine, simple carbohydrates, sugars and sugar products, foods that are overly spicy, and all processed and commercial “junk” food. Stay clear of all inorganic pasteurized milk and dairy products, including yogurt and cheese; best to eat only raw, organic dairy products.
Empower yourself, and choose a diet emphasizing organic whole foods, including plenty of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables, oats, whole grains, such as brown rice, quinoa and buckwheat. Include a variety of preferably soaked, nuts and seeds, especially pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Minimize your intake of red meat; though be sure to consume adequate amounts of organic, free-range poultry, bison and wild-caught fish. Eat generous quantities of both raw and lightly steamed organic vegetables and large fresh salads daily. Preferably, cook with virgin coconut butter/oil and use extra virgin olive oil, high lignin flax seed oil and hemp seed oil as condiments on veggies and as the base for your daily salad dressing. Throughout the day, drink plenty of pure, filtered water, and avoid drinking—as well as bathing, and showering in—unfiltered tap water, as tap water contains heavy metals and pesticide residues that can settle in high concentrations in the body.
The raw food diet is a food plan that can be of great benefit if you suffer from kidney cancer. Using the guidelines outlined above as a base camp for a clean and healthy diet, one can then transition into a raw food diet as desired. Raw food generates rapid results because of its ability to thoroughly detoxify and liberate your body’s previously untapped energy.
The diet mainly consists of raw fruits, vegetables, and soaked and sprouted nuts and seeds, supplemented with daily consumption of fresh green juices made from a variety of vegetables such as celery, romaine lettuce, spinach, carrot, kale, parsley, and an ever rotating seasonal selection of other organic veggies. Raw foodists enjoy salads, dehydrated flax crackers, seed and nut patés, blended soups, smoothies, and marinated veggies, often mixed with soaked sea vegetables. Since little to no cooked food is consumed, the raw diet has the advantage of instantly eliminating many common allergens. No cooked wheat or wheat by-products are consumed, and generally dairy is omitted, though some might choose to eat moderate quantities of raw goat or sheep milk products, often in the form of a fermented food, such as homemade raw kefir or yogurt.
Dr Gabriel Cousins, at the Tree of Life Center, endorses the raw food plan as the ultimate healing diet, and offers 100% raw food meals at his healing retreat in Patagonia, Arizona. An important note when choosing a raw food diet: there is an issue of trade-offs. You might miss cooked foods, though you will not miss cancer. More times than not the raw food diet presents itself as an incredible tool that can be used to quickly transition from a serious health challenge into a healing process, ultimately resulting in greater health and well-being.
Useful nutrients for treating and preventing kidney cancer include vitamin A, beta-carotene, vitamin B3 (niacin), B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, magnesium, manganese, and zinc. The amino acid L-arginine is recommended, as are alpha-lipoic acid and a trace mineral formula, as well as omega-3 oils, flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Garlic capsules, acidophilus, and hydrochloric acid (HCl) can be helpful, as can Wobenzyme, a proteolytic enzyme formula than helps protect against inflammation. Other nutrients include the amino acids alanine, glutamic acid, and glycine, as well as beta-sitosterol and quercitin. Modified citrus pectin is also recommended because of its ability to reduce the risk of kidney cancer becoming metastasized. Additionally, the nutrient IP6 (inositol hexaphosphate) is suggested for its potent immune-enhancement properties.
Daily management of environmental toxins, which show up in the body as excess heavy metals, is an important preventative measure. Take a recommended dose of Chlorella, EDTA, and Zeolite drops. Additionally, eat fresh cilantro, or take cilantro capsules each day that fish – fresh, frozen or canned – is consumed.
- Vitamin D (classed as a hormone) has been shown to have cancer-killing properties. Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for a period of up to 4 weeks.
- Coral Calcium – Coral calcium website
- Vitamin D has been shown to be a key factor in healing cancer. Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day http:/// for a period of up to 4 weeks.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Omega 3s:
Hemp Seed Oil:
- Morter Supplements Trace Minerals
- Selenium – an essential trace vitamin which acts as a deterrent against cancer in general.
- Zinc – essential for healthy immune function.
- Iodine – good for energy metabolism and repair of tissues.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go towww.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Heal Your Body, Raise Your Consciousness (qigong for cancer) – NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
The healing powers of kambucha: www.naturalcures.com/food-and-beverages/1357-kombucha-1
The cause of all illness and disease: NC_Newsletter_10-07.pdf
Anti-cancer diet – NC_Newsletter_08-05.pdf
Orange oil benefits for kidney cancer: hansenschoice-greenhealth.com/2010/03/06/orange-oil-helps-release-cancer-from-the-body
Guided imagery and visualisations – low cost solutions for pain relief: NC_Newsletter_07-04.pdf
Alkalinize your diet to get well now – book review NC_Newsletter_07-01.pdf
Live cell therapy (the fountain of youth is real) NC_Newsletter_06-11.pdf
Fluorinated water and cancer linked NC_Newsletter_06-09.pdf
Curing cancer using our own technology of emotion: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmMNlmn1DPc
Ayurveda and cancer: /www.youtube.com/watch?v=cusE4q7jAw0
Every cancer can be cured in weeks: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgbdNNfotwM
Complementary and alternative therapies in managing cancer: onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.3322/canjclin.49.6.362/full
Obesity causes kidney cancer: www.naturalnews.com/028047_obesity_kidney_stones.html
Fatty fish can reduce kidney cancer: www.naturalnews.com/025542_fish_health_fat.html
White bread consumption linked to kidney cancer: www.naturalnews.com/020837.html
DMSO and cancer: www.naturalnews.com/037485_DMSO_inflammation_muscle_pain.html
Further Information (links and books)
You Can Heal Your Life – Louise L. Hay; Heal Your Body by Louise L. Hay; The Journey – Brandon Bays; The Acid Alkaline Food Guide – Dr Susan Brown and Larry Trivieri, Jr; How I Said Bah! to cancer by Stephanie Butland; Thrive by Stephanie Butland; Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing – By Anita Moorjani; A Survivor’s Guide to Kicking Cancer’s Assby Dena Mendes ; Cancer [Audio Book] by Louise L. Hay; Deep Meditation for Healing [Audio Book] by Anita Moorjani; Cancer-Free: Your Guide to Gentle, Non-toxic Healing by Bill Henderson.
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected]ahoo.com – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
judith hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.