A sore throat, also known as pharyngitis, is normally a symptom of a bacterial or viral infection, such as the common cold.
Sore throats are common, especially in children and teenagers, as their resistance to many of the viruses and bacteria that can cause sore throats is still not fully developed.
Symptoms include redness and swelling in the throat, sometimes accompanied by dryness or rawness with painful swallowing. There can be a constant urge to clear the throat, postnasal drip, enlarged lymph nodes in the neck, headaches and muscular pain, runny nose, fever, hoarseness, cough and/or laryngitis.
Sore throats are usually caused by viral infections, but can also be due to bacterial infections, tonsillitis, overuse of the voice, exposure to irritating substances such as cigarette smoke, allergic reactions, infections of the mouth, and/or colds and flu.
Caution: Sore throats are rarely serious. However, if your sore throat does not heal within two weeks, and/or occurs with a rash, seek immediate medical attention. A sore throat caused by a Streptococcal infection (strep throat) must be identified and treated, or else it could create rheumatic fever or acute glomerulonephritis (disease of the glomerulus, a network of blood capillaries of the kidney).
As with all diseases this did not happen overnight. The very first thing you must do is see a licensed health professional. Find a list of practitioners in your local area here
Here are some things you can discuss with your practitioner:
- Eliminate Candida: Click here to find out how
- Do the Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol to strengthen the immune system:
- Drink 3oz of Colloidal Silver, three or four times a day for 60 days www.colloidsforlife.com/ Silver has long been recognised as a powerful natural antibiotic. Colloidal silver is silver that has been removed electronically from its source and then suspended in water. It is used to treat a myriad of diseases.
- Go on a fast to clear your system of toxic waste www.wecarespa.com
- We recommend regular colonics to remove toxicity from the body. Read more about colonics by clicking here. Find a practitioner here.
- Most of the water that we drink is very acidic and in order to heal our bodies need a more alkaline state. During the program drink alkalized water, which you can buy from Real Waterwww.drinkrealwater.com/
Gargle with raspberry tea – pour 1 cup boiling water over 2 teaspoons dried leaves. Let it steep for 10 minutes, strain and leave to cool. Gargle for a minute, spit out and repeat until the tea is used up. Raspberry tea is a good fever-reducing drink, too.
Gargle with sage – mix 1 teaspoon in 1 cup boiling water. Steep for 10 minutes, then strain. Add 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar and another of honey and gargle four times a day.
Gargle with turmeric – mix 1 cup hot water, ½ teaspoon turmeric and ½ teaspoon sea salt. Gargle with the mixture twice a day.
Gargle with warm saltwater -add ½ teaspoon of sea salt to ½ cup of very warm water and mix. Gargle every three to four hours.
Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar 3 times a day.
Use raw organic honey, it has antibacterial properties and acts as a hypertonic osmotic, meaning that it draws water out of inflamed tissue, which reduces swelling and discomfort. Add 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of hot water or herbal tea.
Increase your intake of pure filtered water, hot herbal teas, diluted fruit juices, and broths.
Eat an organic whole foods diet that emphasizes fresh vegetables and vegetable soups.
Avoid foods that you are allergic or sensitive to.
Cook with garlic, ginger, shiitake mushrooms and reishi mushrooms, as they all have immune-boosting properties.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400 The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details herekevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Take Alli-C (super powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasite garlic capsules) – 4 capsules three times a day. 1 capsule is the equivalent to 40 cloves of garlic (without the breath to go with it!!)
- Take Vitamin A, beta carotene and vitamin c with bioflavonoids.
- Take zinc lozenges every 1-2 hours (if nausea occurs, decrease dosages). In one study, people who sucked on a lozenge containing about 13 milligrams of zinc every two hours got rid of viral sore throats three to four days quicker than those who didn’t.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually dis-ease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
- . Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here (link) or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
As always the fastest most effective way to receive tailored advice to your own situation, you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Ayurvedic practitioners here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Healing herbal remedies of:
- Mango Bark
- Holy basil
Juice Fasting and bowel cleansing with enemas to detoxify the system.
Yoga and meditation to restore harmony.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
To receive bespoke advice based upon your own situation you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Yin Qiao Jie Du Pian – when symptoms arise.
Chuan Xin Lian – for severe throat pain.
Acupuncture treatment focusing on large Intestine 4 and large Intestine 11 and Lung 10 points.
Rehmannia Teapills – to clear heat.
Reflexology treatments – to clear energy blockages.
The practise of qigong – to clear stress and promote healing.
Several scientific studies have shown that steaming can actually shorten the duration of a throat infection. Inhaling the vapours of benzoin, lavender, thyme, eucalyptus, geranium, lavender, clary sage, or sandalwood to relieve symptoms.
Owing to the principles behind homeopathy it is essential you see a licensed practitioner to receive your own personalised prescription. Find your closest Homeopath here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Ferrum phos., Lachesis, Ignatia, Arnica, Aconite, Hydrastis, Gelsemium, Merc sol., and Phytolacca.
If your sore throat is due to an infection, chew a small piece of osha root (Ligusticum porteri) and/or gargle with an infusion of sage or licorice. For a sore throat due to smoke or pollution irritation, gargle with an infusion of lavender or hyssop. Other useful herbs include echinacea, garlic, ginger, goldenseal, astragalus and slippery elm.
Allow yourself to rest and recuperate so that your body can use more of its energy to fight the infection thus reducing your recovery time.
Add moisture to the air in your home to prevent the lining of your throat from becoming too dry. If you don’t have a humidifier, a bowl of water placed on your radiator or heating vent at night will work just as well.
If you smoke it is essential that you quit. Cigarette smoke is extremely irritating to the lining of the throat.
Focus on breathing through your nose, rather than your mouth. It prevents your throat from becoming dry and works as a natural humidifier for the air you breathe.
Replace your toothbrush/sterilize it after throat infections (the bacteria on the bristles can re infect you).
Juice Therapy: Drinking the juice of one or two red potatoes can soothe symptoms.
Flower Essences: Take Crab Apple to cleanse and heal.
Gargle with warm salt water.
Drink organic green tea with organic raw honey and organic lemons and a little brandy.
Yoga – The physical postures and breathing exercises comprising the practice of yoga have long been proven by scientific research to promote feelings of relaxation while simultaneously strengthening the body. Research conducted since the 1970s has shown that regular yoga practice not only relieves stress, and stressful emotions such as anxiety and depression, but also improves blood pressure rates and overall cardiovascular health. Yoga is also effective for reducing pain, improving gastrointestinal and respiratory function, and for improving cognitive function and enhancing sight and hearing.
Note: If you are just beginning to explore yoga, it is recommended that you initially do so under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor who can guide you to become aware of the subtleties involved in each yoga posture as well as the corresponding method of breathing.
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong(from August 2012 newsletter)
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT (June 2012 newsletter)
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress (Oct 2012 newsletter)
Easy Chinese Remedies for Sore Throat showshanti.com/easy-chinese-home-remedies-for-sore-throat-cough-cold/
Reflexology for sore throat www.chinesefootreflexology.com/tag/sore-throat/
Sore Throat Cures www.ehow.com/video_4872142_cure-sore-throat.html
EFT for sore throat healing www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckfh1RXnurc
Further Information (links and books)
Uncover the meaning behind throat problems (scroll down to throat section)www.compassionatedragon.com/metaphysics2.html
The Best Sore Throat Remedies: Direct from Nature’s Pharmacy by Nicholas J. Meyer
Scientifically Proven Home Remedies (UPDATED): Top 18 Home Remedies For Treating The Most Common Illnesses. Discover The Best Home Remedies For Headaches, Acne, Diarrhea, Sore Throat, Nausea And More! by Jim Bryce
The Complete Homeopathy Handbook: Safe and Effective Ways to Treat Fevers, Coughs, Colds and Sore Throats, Childhood Ailments, Food Poisoning, Flu, and (U [ THE COMPLETE HOMEOPATHY HANDBOOK: SAFE AND EFFECTIVE WAYS TO TREAT FEVERS, COUGHS, COLDS AND SORE THROATS, CHILDHOOD AILMENTS, FOOD POISONING, FLU, AND (U ] by Castro, Miranda (Author) Nov-15-1991 [ by Miranda Castro
Throat Rescue, Peaceful Mountain
www.peacefulmountain.com (888) 303-3
Andrea Butje | Aromahead firstname.lastname@example.org – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt email@example.com – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA firstname.lastname@example.org – meditation, stress
judith hoad email@example.com – herbalist.
Kath May firstname.lastname@example.org – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges email@example.com – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika firstname.lastname@example.org – aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic Practitioner.