Swelling refers to enlargement of any area in the body and is usually a sign of excess fluid buildup or inflammation in the body. It can be widespread (generalized) or related to a specific part of the body (localized), such as ankles, hands, the lymph nodes, or face.
Depending on the cause, swelling symptoms such as swollen feet or ankles after long periods of sitting or standing can be temporary and resolve with simple remedies. Swelling that builds progressively over time, can indicate a more serious disorder.
If swelling symptoms are accompanied with dizziness, shortness of breath, chest pain or confusion, you should seek prompt medical attention.
Localized swelling can occur from injury, burns, inflammation of skin tissue, infection and insect bites.
Generalized swelling can occur from an allergic reaction (if severe it needs immediate medical attention), autoimmune diseases, pharmaceutical drugs, circulatory problems, from medical treatment and fluctuating hormones.
These factors must be addressed, if present, before long-term relief of swelling can occur.
- Eat an organic, whole foods diet.
- Avoid foods that tend to worsen swelling, such as caffeine, alcohol, salt, fried foods, milk and dairy products, animal protein, sugar, processed grains, white flour, chocolate, olives, pickles, tobacco, and soy sauce.
- Whole grains and watery fruits and vegetables, such as cucumbers, apples, potatoes, grapes, beets, onions, cabbage, and citrus, should be a regular part of your diet because these foods can help reduce fluid build up and retention.
- Include diuretic foods in your diet such as celery, carrot, parsley, cilantro, cranberries, pomegranate, corn, barley, rye, and adzuki beans.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so also try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400 The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details herekevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
- Proteolytic enzymes and bromelain, both taken on an empty stomach, are important nutrients for helping the body recover from swelling. Other useful nutrients include vitamin B-complex, vitamin B6, and vitamin C with bioflavonoids.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually dis-ease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
- . Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Traditional Chinese Medicine – Ancient Healingwww.naturalcures.com/healthblog/traditional_chinese_ancient_healing.php
Omega 3 and swelling www.livestrong.com/article/485686-omega-3-swelling/
Oil pulling: An ancient panacea acupofkarma.wordpress.com/2008/12/06/oil-pulling-an-ancient-panaceaim-not-pulling-your-leg/
Jump for Joy – Rebounding NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Squeaky Clean (Colonic Irrigation) https://naturalcures.com/squeaky-clean
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Herbal Cures for Swelling www.ehow.com/video_7462854_herbal-cures-swelling.html
Natural Remedy to Reduce Swelling www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4rWSlSy_OY
Oil Pulling – The Underground Cure www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIMm_LI_U7A
Magnets shown to reduce swelling www.tomshardware.com/news/magnets-shown-reduce-swelling-medical-study,4634.html
Further Information (links and books)
The Healing Power of Nature Foods: 50 Revitalizing Superfoods & Lifestyle Choices To Promote Vibrant Health by Susan Smith Jones
Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing by Bruce N.D. Fife
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman and Prevention Magazine
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
judith hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Joanne Callaghan – [email protected] www.RogerCallahan.com Thought Field Therapy (TF) releasing unresolved emotions, stress and illness.
Clean well – Natural Cleaning Products
EMF necklace – blocker and stress reducing pendant
Neutralize electromagnetic chaos