Tendons are usually very painful and tender to the touch, and pain results from movement of the involved joint. Often, the joint motion becomes restricted. Pain can become very severe depending on the degree of inflammation, and can radiate to the joints above and below the affected joint. In addition, the inflamed tendons can have a “creaking” quality due to “friction rubs” from the inflammation itself, and may become swollen. Bone enlargement around the affected tendon can also occur.
There are two types of tendonitis: inflammation of the tendons themselves, and inflammation of the tendonous sheath that lines the tendons.
Tendonitis can be caused by decreased circulation to the tendons from repeated or chronic trauma. The most common repeated or extreme trauma is excessive exercise and/or strain. Certain diseases can also cause tendonitis, such as rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune disorders, gout, Reiter`s syndrome (an inflammatory syndrome), excessively high blood cholesterol levels, and sexually transmitted diseases.
Avoid nightshade plants (white potato, tomato, eggplant, all peppers except black, and tobacco); if restricted for a long time, over years, this may be effective. Assessment and treatment of food allergies is imperative, as inflammation may be aggravated by food allergies in many people.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400 The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
Useful nutrients for tendonitis include vitamin B complex, vitamin B6, vitamin C with bioflavonoids, vitamin E, bromelain, essential fatty acids, cod liver oil, calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, and D-phenylalanine.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here kevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
- . Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Stinging nettles for tendonitis: www.naturalnews.com/036080_stinging_nettles_remedies_arthritis.html
Traditional Chinese Medicine – Ancient Healingwww.naturalcures.com/healthblog/traditional_chinese_ancient_healing.php
The best way to cleansing and purification of the body www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/54_the_best_way_to_cleansing_and_purification_of_the_body_110512.php
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters/
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Jump for Joy – Rebounding is a great stress busting workout NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Hypnotherapy for stress management – why it is so effectivewww.naturalcures.com/healthblog/hypnotherapy_for_stress.php
Home Ayurveda cures and tendonitis: www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_0ZOisXOQ4
Aromatherapy for tendonitis: www.ehow.com/video_7436094_aromatherapy-tendonitis.html
EFT for treating disease www.garythink.com/eft/physicial.html
Magnesium for tendon repair: www.naturalnews.com/032714_magnesium_cipro.html
Magnet therapy for tendonitis: www.naturalnews.com/026838_magnets_healing_therapy.html
Further Information (links and books)
3 Minutes to a Pain-Free Life: The Groundbreaking Program for Total Body Pain Prevention and Rapid Relief by Joseph Weisberg and Heidi Shink; Conquering Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Other Repetitive Strain Injuries: A Self-Care Program by Sharon J. Butler; Treat Your Own Achilles Tendonitis by Jim Johnson; The Mindbody Prescription: Healing the Body, Healing the Pain by John E. Sarno
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food … A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies) by Phyllis Balch
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindi Green
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman and Prevention Magazine
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
judith hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.