The tonsils are an essential part of the immune system, their main function being to filter out bacteria and any other microorganisms that can cause infections. However, at times, the tonsils themselves can suffer an infection resulting in pain and inflammation.
Symptoms of tonsillitis include swelling and pain in the neck, pain in the throat, with enlarged and inflamed tonsils, painful swallowing, and pain that radiates to the ears. Other symptoms can include high fever, abscesses on the tonsils, temporary hearing loss, headache, hoarseness, coughing, vomiting, and general ill feelings and fatigue.
Tonsillitis is caused either by Streptococcal bacteria or, less commonly, by viral infections. For safety sake, throat cultures are necessary to rule out strep throat and family members may also need to be tested, as they may be carriers and need to be treated along with the infected individual.
Note: The tonsils are an integral part of the lymphatic system and they play an important role in adrenal function, and should therefore be preserved
Increase your intake of pure filtered water, hot herbal teas, diluted fruit juices and broths.
Eat an organic whole foods diet that emphasizes fresh vegetables and vegetable soups.
Avoid foods that you are allergic or sensitive to.
Cook with garlic, ginger, shiitake mushrooms and reishi mushrooms, as they all have immune-boosting properties.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Take Alli-C (super powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasite garlic capsules) – 4 capsules three times a day. 1 capsule is the equivalent to 40 cloves of garlic (without the breath to go with it!!).
- Take Fivelac probiotic one packet three times a day to boost immunity.
- Take Vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B complex and vitamin c with bioflavonoids.
- Take zinc lonzenges every 1-2 hours (if nausea occurs, decrease dosages).
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
and soothe the inflammation.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products –ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go towww.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
TCM for chronic tonsillitis www.zoelarkin.com/2010/01/the-benefits-of-traditional-chinese-medicine-chronic-tonsillitis
Stress causes repeated bouts of chronic tonsillitis for superstar Leona Lewiswww.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-550792/Shes-No-1-States-stress-success-destroy-Britains-shyest-superstar.html
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stressNC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Herbal remedies for enlarged tonsils www.ehow.com/video_7889591_herbal-remedy-enlarged-tonsils.html
Further Information (links and books)
Uncover the meaning behind throat problems (scroll down to throat section)www.compassionatedragon.com/metaphysics2.html
The Top 100 Herbal Remedies: Safe, Effective Remedies for 100 Common Ailments by Anne McIntyre
Scientifically Proven Home Remedies (UPDATED): Top 18 Home Remedies For Treating The Most Common Illnesses. Discover The Best Home Remedies For Headaches, Acne, Diarrhea, Sore Throat, Nausea And More! by Jim Bryce
The Complete Homeopathy Handbook: Safe and Effective Ways to Treat Fevers, Coughs, Colds and Sore Throats, Childhood Ailments, Food Poisoning, Flu, and (U [ THE COMPLETE HOMEOPATHY HANDBOOK: SAFE AND EFFECTIVE WAYS TO TREAT FEVERS, COUGHS, COLDS AND SORE THROATS, CHILDHOOD AILMENTS, FOOD POISONING, FLU, AND (U ] by Castro, Miranda (Author) Nov-15-1991 [ by Miranda Castro
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
judith hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Throat Rescue, Peaceful Mountain www.amazon.com