Trichomonas vaginalis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by a single cell parasite with the same name (Trichomonas vaginalis). Although not as well-known as many other types of STDs, such as herpes, syphilis, and gonorrhea, trichomonas is actually quite common in women, and the third leading cause of vaginitis.
In women, symptoms of trichomonas vaginalis include a foul-smelling, copious discharge from the vagina, as well as intense burning, itching and reddening of the tissues and membranes in and around the vaginal area.
In men, symptoms are usually not noticeable, although the parasite takes hold within the urethra. If left untreated, it can result in infertility, prostatitis, and urinary problems.
Note: If you suspect you have trichomonas vaginitis, see a holistically trained physician. In addition, it is important that both you and your sexual partners be treated at the same time if trichomonas is diagnosed, even if it is found in only one of you.
As with all other types of sexually transmitted diseases, the most effective response to trichomonas is prevention. To avoid trichomonas, do the following:
- Be careful about choosing a sex partner and find out about his or her health and sexual history before engaging in a sexual relationship. Have sex only if the person has no apparent signs of infection and is willing to assure your protection during sexual intimacy. Be prepared to talk and inquire about past experiences. Be direct and persistent. Make conversations about health a natural part of the sexual relationship.
- Limit the number of people you have sex with. The risk of contracting an STD rises exponentially in direct relation to how many sexual partners you have.
- Avoid sex altogether if your partner exhibits open lesions or swelling on his or her body.
- Always practice safe sex. Men should always use a latex condom, especially when engaging in sex with someone new. As an alternative, women can consider the use of a latex female condom. When engaging in oral sex, use a latex dental dam. Long-term, monogamous sexual partners should also use some form of protective contraceptive unless planning a pregnancy.
- Avoid swallowing semen, as it acts as an immune suppressant and thus can increase the risk of STDs caused by infectious microorgamisms.
- Avoid anal sex, especially without protection.
- Urinate after you have sexual intercourse in order to help clean the urethra and prevent infection. This applies to both men and women.
- Have an annual checkup to be screened for STDs that you may not know you have.
- If you know that you have a sexually transmitted disease, be responsible. Inform your partner and insist that he or she be examined and treated as well. Follow the treatment regimen that your physician prescribes as completely as possible, and always use protection whenever you engage in sex.
Trichomonas vaginalis is caused by parasitic infection of a single-celled organism of the same name (Trichomonas vaginalis). It primarily affects men and is a sexually transmitted disease. However, it can also be contracted during pregnancy and during vaginal surgery.
Healthy eating is of primary importance. Drink plenty of pure filtered water and increase your intake of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, and complex whole grains, as well as organic, free-range meats, poultry, and wild-caught fish.
Avoid all commercial, processed, and nonorganic food, as well as alcohol, coffee, sugars, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, food dyes, milk and dairy products, wheat and wheat products, and refined carbohydrates. Do not eat saturated, trans-, hydrogenated or partially-hydrogenated fats and oils. Instead choose from virgin coconut butter/oil, extra virgin olive oil, high lignin flax seed oil, and hemp seed oil.
In addition, undergo testing for potential food allergies and sensitivities and avoid those foods to which you test positive. Consider a rotation diet or elimination diet in order to further reduce the likelihood of food allergies.
Nutrition and diet are key players in the healing and elimination of imbalance and disease. For a complete, nutrition packed, whole foods eating plan, read the Whole Foods Diet. In many cases, a raw food eating plan can be extremely beneficial. To learn more, read Raw Food Diet. You can print out these full articles for easy reference.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
Helpful nutrients include vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B12, folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, garlic capsules, grapeseed extract, and Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacteria bifidum. Vitamin E cream applied topically is also suggested.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products –ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go towww.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Effectiveness of condoms in preventing sexually transmitted diseases: www.scielosp.org/scielo.php?pid=S0042-96862004000600012&script=sci_arttext&tlng=pt
Coconut oil is nature’s anti-viral:www.naturalnews.com/026624_oil_coconut.html
Traditional Chinese Medicine – Ancient Healingwww.naturalcures.com/healthblog/traditional_chinese_ancient_healing.php
The best way to cleansing and purification of the body www.naturalcures.com/recommends/
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fightersnaturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters/
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Collodial Silver NC_Newsletter_09-08.pdf
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stressNC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Jump for Joy – Rebounding is a great stress busting workoutNC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Hypnotherapy for stress management – why it is so effectivewww.naturalcures.com
Yoga for improved sexual health: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2t1Fdyfec
Ayurvedic home remedies: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SXzFrZ1w70
Herbal cures: www.ehow.com/video_7548251_herbal-cures-bacterial-vaginitis.html
Trichomonas explained: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Th5eqXko
EFT for treating disease www.garythink.com/eft/physicial.html
Trichomonas in pregnant women associated with low birth weight babies:journals.lww.com/stdjournal/Abstract/1997/07000/Trichomonas_vaginalis_Associated_With_Low_Birth.8.aspx
Prevalence of trichomonas in women in the United States:cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/10/1319.short
Further Information (links and books)
Sexually Transmitted Diseases, King K. Holmes; Color Atlas and Synopsis of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, H. Hunter Handsfield; The Complete Guide to Natural Remedies for STD STI (Natural Health & Wellness Series)by Balthazar Moreno, Trixie Joyce Burce, Danica Niña Louwe and Neo LothongKum; Mind Your Body: A Sexual Health and Wellness Guide for Women, Beth Howard.
Natural Alternatives to Antibiotics by John McKenna
The Healing Power of Nature Foods: 50 Revitalizing Superfoods & Lifestyle Choices To Promote Vibrant Health by Susan Smith Jones
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food … A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies) by Phyllis Balch
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindi Green
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
Colloidal Silver: The Natural Antibiotic Alternative by Zane Baranowski
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman and Prevention Magazine
1,000 Indian Recipes (1,000 Recipes) by Neelam Batra;
Food–Your Miracle Medicine by Jean Carper
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
judith hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Joanne Callaghan – [email protected] www.RogerCallahan.com Thought Field Therapy (TF) releasing unresolved emotions, stress and illness.
Essential Oils www.amoils.com
Clean well – Natural Cleaning Products
EMF necklace – blocker and stress reducing pendant
Neutralize electromagnetic chaos