A viral infection is an infection caused by a virus.
Symptoms of viral infection vary, but typically include fever, generalized aches, chills, fatigue, and symptoms that are specific for that virus. For example, the cold virus usually produces mucus in the nose and throat, the mononucleosis virus produces severe fatigue and, sometimes, liver enlargement, and the polio virus produces paralysis. Symptoms can be chronic or short-lived, depending on the type of virus, as well as the individual’s level of immune function. In some cases, such as HIV, viral infections can be life-threatening.
There are many different types (literally hundreds) of infectious viruses, such as cold and flu viruses, herpes viruses, HIV, etc. Proper treatment lies in determining which type of virus is affecting the system so that it can be effectively dealt with.
Viruses are naturally occurring microorganisms. They are most commonly spread through respiratory routes and bodily fluids, such as blood and semen. Once they gain a foothold in the body, viruses seek to replicate themselves and then spread to others. Sneezing, touching, and eating infected foods are some of the more common ways in which viruses travel from one person to another.
Note: Viral infections do not respond to antibiotics.
As with all diseases this did not happen overnight. The very first thing you must do is see a licensed health professional. Find a list of practitioners in your local area here
Here are some things you can discuss with your practitioner:
- Eliminate Candida: Click here to find out how
- Do the Hydrogen Peroxide Protocol to strengthen the immune system:
- Drink 3oz of Colloidal Silver, three or four times a day for 60 days www.colloidsforlife.com Silver has long been recognised as a powerful natural antibiotic. Colloidal silver is silver that has been removed electronically from its source and then suspended in water. It is used to treat a myriad of diseases.
- Go on a fast to clear your system of toxic waste www.wecarespa.com
Hydrotherapy is the application of water, ice, steam and hot and cold temperatures to maintain and restore health. Treatments include full body immersion, steam baths, saunas, sitz baths, colonic irrigation and the application of hot and/or cold compresses. Hydrotherapy is effective for treating a wide range of conditions and can easily be used in the home as part of a self-care program. Many Naturopathic Physicians, Physical Therapists and Day Spas use Hydrotherapy as part of treatment. We suggest several at-home hydrotherapy treatments. Please seek the advice of your alternative health care practitioner before undergoing these procedures to make sure they are appropriate for you.
*Purified water is essential for any hydrotherapy treatment. Remedies for Treating Chlorinated Bath Water offers clear instructions and recommendations.
- We recommend regular colonics to remove toxicity from the body. Read more about colonics by clicking here. Find a practitioner here.
- Most of the water that we drink is very acidic and in order to heal our bodies need a more alkaline state. During the programme drink alkalised water, which you can buy from Real Water.
Eat an organic, whole foods diet that emphasizes plenty of fresh, raw and lightly steamed vegetables, as well as garlic and onions.
Drink plenty of pure, filtered water.
Use coconut oil in cooking for its powerful anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Avoid all processed and refined foods, sugar, unhealthy fats, alcohol, soda, commercial fruit juices, milk, and dairy products.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
The most important nutrient for viral infections is vitamin C taken in therapeutic doses (500-5,000 mg). Other recommended nutrients include vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B complex, panothenic acid, garlic capsules, zinc, proteolytic enzymes taken between meals, acidophilus, raw thymus glandular, lysine, cysteine, olive leaf extract, and quercetin.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
As always the fastest most effective way to receive tailored advice to your own situation, you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Ayurvedic practitioners here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Cinnamon tea as an immune- enhancing aid to fight against infection.
Using Tulsi (Grinded Basil leaves) Tulsi protects from all sorts of infections from viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoa.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
To receive bespoke advice based upon your own situation you should visit a local licensed practitioner. Find your closest Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners here
Here are some remedies that your practitioner may suggest:
Herbs for strengthening the immune system:
- Dong Chong Xia Cao (Cordyceps)
- Ren Shen (Radix et Rhizoma Ginseng)
- Dang Shen (Radix Codonopsis)
- Huang Qi (Radix Astragali)
- Bai Zhu (Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae)
Herbs with anti-viral properties:
- Ban Lan Gen (Radix Isatidis)
- Da Qing Ye (Folium Isatidis)
- Jin Yin Hua (Flos Lonicerae Japonicae)
- Lian Qiao (Fructus Forsythiae)
- Ye Ju Hua (Flos Chrysanthemi Indici)
The best anti-viral essential oil is oregano oil. The oil helps the immune system destroy viruses so cells can regenerate and begin to function normally.
For dietary or topical use. When using as a supplement, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. When used topically, dilute 1 part Oregano essential oil with 4 parts organic olive and apply 1-2 drops on location. Since Oregano is considered a “hot” oil, it is excellent to use neat on the bottom of the feet. It can also be used in cooking or adding flavor to foods. Be sure to use just a touch to taste!
To ensure positive results, always check that the essential oil is a 100% pure plant distillation and that it comes from a reputable source.
Useful homeopathic remedies include Calendula, Chamomilla, Belladonna, Merc sol., and Sulfur.
Owing to the principles behind homeopathy it is essential you see a licensed practitioner to receive your own personalised prescription. Find your closest Homeopath here
Useful herbs for treating viral infections include echinacea, garlic, goldenseal, astragalus cayenne, and ginger root.
Juice Therapy: Carrot, celery, beet, and garlic is an excellent tonic for dealing with viral infections.
Coconut oil for infection www.livestrong.com/article/320227-how-to-use-coconut-oil-for-infection/
Fighting infections without antibiotics www.webnat.com/articles/Antibiotics.asp
The best way to cleansing and purification of the body www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/54_the_best_way_to_cleansing_and_purification_of_the_body_110512.php
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Squeaky Clean (Colonic Irrigation) www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/squeaky_clean.php
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
EFT for treating disease www.garythink.com/eft/physicial.html
Further Information (links and books)
The Healing Power of Garlic by Paul Bergner
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman and Prevention Magazine
Andrea Butje | Aromahead email@example.com – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt firstname.lastname@example.org – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA email@example.com – meditation, stress
judith hoad firstname.lastname@example.org – herbalist.
Kath May email@example.com – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges firstname.lastname@example.org – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika email@example.com – aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Essential Oils www.amoils.com