Damage to the skin or underlying tissues. Any type of injury to the skin poses a threat due to the risk for infection or further damage if the wound becomes complicated.
Wound symptoms and healing times can vary greatly. The primary symptom of all wounds is pain to a lesser or greater degree. Bruising and/or bleeding can also occur. If left untreated, wounds can also lead to infection.
There are many types of wounds, including superficial paper cuts, surgical wounds, pressure sores, diabetic ulcers, and wounds due to trauma (accidents, cuts, etc.).
Acute wounds can be as simple as a minor cut or scratch that require little more than cleansing and bandaging, or as complicated as a wound requiring surgical closure (stitches or suturing) or even greater care. Chronic wounds, such as arterial, venous, or diabetic ulcers, may involve greater time for healing to occur.
Wounds can be caused by cuts, surgical procedures, bites, or trauma (blows to the body), or they can result as a complication from a disease, such as diabetic ulcers, or from prolonged bed rest (bed sores).
A diet rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and zinc enhances wound healing. Foods high in these nutrients include green and yellow vegetables, raw seeds and nuts, eggs, and cold-water fish, as well as fresh organic fruits and vegetables.
Avoid all saturated and processed fats, as well as refined and processed foods, sugars, caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system when your body is trying to heal so also to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef.
www.grasslandbeef.com The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
Recommended nutrients include vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, pantothenic acid, and zinc. Chlorella has been shown to speed up cell growth and noni fruit extract is also useful because of its ability to improve immune function, stimulates cell regeneration, and fight pain and inflammation.
As well as the above supplements, also include the following to speed up healing:
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here.
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually disease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
. Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki is very powerful tool in the healing the body and mind. Find a local practitioner here
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in healing stress and illness. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
Honey for wound healing www.news-medical.net/news/2007/10/18/31398.aspx
Traditional Chinese Medicine – Ancient Healing www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/traditional_chinese_ancient_healing.php
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Squeaky Clean (Colonic Irrigation) www.naturalcures.com/squeaky-clean
Colloidal Silver NC_Newsletter_09-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Herbal remedies for wound healing www.ehow.com/video_7462836_herbal-remedy-wound-healing.html
Honey for wounds www.youtube.com/watch?v=OibVGmcCjFE
Honey as a healing agent voices.yahoo.com/the-honey-as-healing-agent-785793.html?cat=5
Omega 3 effect on wound healing www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18471252
Chlorella research biochlorella.com/research.html
Further Information (links and books)
The Healing Power of Nature Foods: 50 Revitalizing Superfoods & Lifestyle Choices To Promote Vibrant Health by Susan Smith Jones
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food … A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies) by Phyllis Balch
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindi Green
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
Colloidal Silver: The Natural Antibiotic Alternative by Zane Baranowski
The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman and Prevention Magazine
Wendy Maddocks [email protected] – skin care
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
judith hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.
Joanne Callaghan – [email protected] www.RogerCallahan.com Thought Field Therapy (TF) releasing unresolved emotions, stress and illness.
Essential Oils www.amoils.com
Zinc Food Complex www.newchapter.com
Clean well – Natural Cleaning Products
EMF necklace – blocker and stress reducing pendant
Neutralize electromagnetic chaos