Quick Action Plan for Osteoporosis…
Quick Action Plan for Osteoporosis
- One of the most important steps you can take to prevent and reverse osteoporosis is to follow an organic, whole foods diet that emphasizes plenty of fresh, organic leafy green vegetables throughout the day, along with whole grains, beans, legumes, nuts, seeds, and limited amounts of raw dairy and fish rich in essential fatty acids, such as cod, mackerel, salmon, and sardines. Red meats should be limited to no more than three meals per week, and your overall protein intake should not exceed more than 44 grams per day.
- Avoid all commercial, processed and refined foods including white flour, salt, soda, and sugar, and limit your intake of alcohol, caffeine, pasteurized dairy products and milk.
- Aluminum products such as aluminum cookware, commercial antacids and antiperspirants, should also be avoided.
- Supplement with calcium aspartate, citrate or lactate, along with equal amounts of magnesium (800 to 1,500 mg of each mineral). Also supplement with vitamin A, B-complex, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, vitamin D3, vitamin K, boron, copper, folic acid, manganese, and zinc.
- Adequate amounts of essential fatty acids are important. Omega-3 EFAs are found in fish oils and EPA, while omega-6 EFAs can be obtained from black currant, borage, and evening primrose oils.
- Natural microcrystalline calcium hydroxyapatite complex (MCHC), which contains calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and natural fluoride in the same proportions as healthy bone tissue, is another excellent nutritional supplement for osteoporosis.
- Avoid the use of synthetic hormone therapy, including synthetic estrogen, which can actually worsen osteoporosis symptoms, as well as dramatically increase your risk of serious side effects, including heart disease and cancer.
- Natural progresterone cream in a three percent solution can be applied in a dose of 1/4 teaspoon per night for two consecutive weeks every month for women who are pre-menopausal, and for three consecutive weeks for women who have entered menopause.
- Useful herbs for preventing and reversing osteoporosis include alfalfa, berry, black cohosh, buckwheat, chastetree, dandelion root, hops, horsetail, sage, sarsaparilla, shepherd`s purse, sweetbriar, and sage.
- Bone brew, composed of equal parts horsetail, nettle, and sage, is another excellent herbal remedy for preventing and stopping bone loss.
- Be sure to regularly engage in a weight bearing exercise program at least three times a week for 30 minutes. Excellent exercise choices include brisk walks, dancing, rebounding on a mini-trampoline, and weight training.
- Another healthy lifestyle choice is to stop smoking and avoid exposure to secondhand cigarette smoke.
- Hysterectomies should be avoided if at all possible because of how such operations, even if they leave the ovaries intact, can cause rapid bone loss. 90 percent of all hysterectomies in the U.S. are unnecessary.
- Finally, seek to avoid or at least reduce your reliance on conventional medications, including antibiotics, anti-seizure medications, blood thinners, and steroids, all of which can cause bone loss and worsen osteoporosis symptoms.