Quick Action Steps for PMS
- Essential oils, such as bergamot, chamomile, clary sage, lavender, lemongrass, peppermint, and rosemary, added to warm soothing baths could help reduce symptoms.
- A healthy diet is vitally important for preventing and managing PMS symptoms. Avoid all refined sugars and carbohydrates, including white flour products, processed foods, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, alcohol, excess of red meats, saturated, hydrogenated and trans-fatty oils.
- Emphasize a diet of organic foods, including plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes, nuts and seeds, and small quantities of organic, free-range, grass-fed poultry, meats and wild-caught fish.
- Eat three meals daily, and two small snacks between meals, to keep blood sugar levels balanced, and to keep adrenal gland stress to a minimum.
- Exercise regularly, especially walking, hiking, or try new forms of movement such as expressive dance like Nia, or 5 Rhythms dance, to open up new channels of movement.
- Helpful nutrients include vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B-complex, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, zinc, omega-3 oils, evening primrose oil, and gamma linolenic acid (GLA).
- Useful herbs include chasteberry, cramp bark, dandelion, and skullcap, Ashwaganda, and for some, Triphala.
- Managing stress through guided imagery, meditation and/or relaxation exercises is highly valuable.
- Remember that managing PMS symptoms is a prelude to managing peri- menopausal issues; and, the sooner you learn how to work with your challenges, the easier it will be to manage peri-menopause and menopausal related issues.
- PMS can present as irritation, aggravation or short-temperedness. A heightened sense of sensitivity and awareness can illuminate life issues if you are open to it; and, are able to harness and use this energy rather than feel constantly aggravated. PMS could be used as a window of opportunity.
Too see the content behind this please sign up for a free or paid plan.
To see what subscription would suit you best please click here