Cooling Cucumber Salad
Serves 1-2, Prep time 5-10 minutes
- 6 C cucumbers, sliced 1/8 inch thick, choose Persian or another tender small seed variety.
- 1/8 C red onion, sliced paper thin, cut into quarters
- 2 T basil, lightly torn into bite sized pieces, Thai basil is especially delicious in this salad
- 1-3 tsp. brown rice or coconut vinegar, (available at health food stores or Asian markets)
- 1-2 T extra virgin olive oil or raw virgin coconut butter, in liquid state
- 1-2 tsp. soy sauce or tamari (tamari is a wheat free version of soy sauce)
Rinse and dry produce. Slice cucumbers and onion, tear basil and toss with the remaining ingredients. Allow flavors to meld for 5-30 minutes. Serve Cooling Cucumber Salad with a fresh tossed green salad and thick tomatoes slices for a delicious, light cleansing summer meal.
A word on coconut butter:
Coconut butter is a healthy saturated plant fat. It is stable at high temperatures and has a naturally long shelf life. It is a truly miraculous wild food. Watch for recipes, articles and information on the web site about the many benefits of coconut butter.