Fruity Power Salad
Try this healthy, nutritious breakfast salad to provide vitamins, minerals and fiber for starting your day. It contains anti-oxidant rich blueberries, and other luscious fruits, healthy nuts, and ultra-metabolism ingredient cinnamon.
- 1 unpeeled, chopped organic apple
- ½ C sunflower seeds
- ½ C organic raisins
- ¼ C organic almonds, preferably soaked
- 1 sliced banana
- 2 T organic honey
- 1 T fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cholesterol-lowering cinnamon
- 1 C organic plain yogurt, or cottage cheese
- 4 melon halves
- ½ C organic blueberries
Combine apple, sunflower seed nuts, raisins, almonds, banana, honey, orange juice, vanilla and cinnamon; mix lightly to blend. Spoon yogurt or cottage cheese into melon halves; top with fruit salad mixture, berries and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.