Quick Action Steps for Sinusitis…
Quick Action Steps for Sinusitis
- To improve breathing and fight infections, inhale steamed vapors of the essential oils of camphor, eucalyptus, lavender, lemon, pine, or tea tree.
- Have yourself screened for food allergies and sensitivities, and avoid eating those foods to which you test positive.
- Determine if you have acute (lasts 2-8 weeks) or chronic sinusitis. Untreated chronic cases can result in increased degeneration of the mucus membrane.
- Avoid all sugar, wheat and soy products, soft drinks, foods containing artificial ingredients, and commercially processed foods. Reduce your intake of caffeine products, commercial dairy products, red meat, and refined carbohydrates.
- Drink eight ounces of pure, filtered water every two hours; add freshly-squeezed lemon juice and a dash of cayenne pepper. Enjoy freshly-made, organic vegetable juices during the day, as well as hot broths and soups.
- Eat an organic, whole foods diet, with plenty of fresh, raw organic fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, organic, free-range meats and poultry, and wild-caught fish. Use garlic, cayenne pepper, chili peppers, horseradish, and onion liberally.
- Useful herbs for sinusitis include Echinacea, elder flowers, eyebright, goldenrod, goldenseal, stinging nettle, wild indigo, and yarrow.
- Helpful homeopathic remedies include Arsenicum album, Kalium bichromium, Mercurius iodatus, Nux vomica, Silicea, and Euphorbium compositum.
- Do saltwater nasal irrigation to clear nasal passages. Hot foot baths and alternating hot and cold compresses over the sinuses help symptoms. If you smoke, seek help to stop. Avoid exposure to secondhand smoke and excessively cold or dry air.
- Invest in a negative ion generator, a humidifier, and add air-filtering plants to your home and work. Keep your place well ventilated.
- Useful nutrients include vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, beta carotene, calcium, chromium picolinate, magnesium, selenium, and zinc. Take flaxseed oil and omega-3 oils, as well as a multivitamin/multimineral complex supplement.
- Do 30 minutes of aerobic exercise three to five times a week. Also include stretching and strength-conditioning exercises, and an easy relaxation technique spending five minutes a few times a day sitting comfortably with your eyes closed, breathing slowly and deeply through the nose, allowing the belly to rise and fall.