Quick Action Steps for Acne…
Quick Action Steps for Acne
- Massage your skin, where needed, with bergamot, camphor, geranium, juniper, lavender, or neroli essential oils.
- Ayurvedic practitioners recommend making a paste of 1/2 tsp each of tumeric and sandalwood paste with enough water, and applying to pimples. Also, drink half a cup of aloe vera juice twice daily until acne clears.
- Eat an organic whole foods diet, with plenty of organic cooked and raw vegetables, and whole fruits. Reduce animal fats and stressor foods such as caffeine, refined sugars, and alcohol, as well as colas, candies, and frozen and processed foods. Include more high fiber foods.
- Drink eight glasses of pure, filtered water daily. Also, daily have two glasses of raw juice, combining carrot, beet, and celery juice, or, carrot, cucumber, and lettuce (not iceberg), and spinach, with carrot predominating.
- Add 3-5 drops of Crab Apple flower essence to pure water and drink during the day. Rescue Remedy® is good for stress.
- Combine the tinctures of herbs such as sarsaparilla, burdock, and cleavers in equal parts, taking 1/2 tsp three times a day. Drink an infusion of nettle several times a day and apply tea tree oil topically. An infusion of calendula mixed with equal parts of distilled witch hazel can be used as a cleansing wash. Steam sauna your face with red clover, lavender, and strawberry leaves.
- Useful homeopathy remedies are Pulsatilla, Silicea, Berberis, Ledum, Sulfur, Arsen alb., Belladonna, and/or Carbo veg.
- Enjoy full body immersion hydrotherapy treatments such as steam baths, saunas, sitz baths, colonic irrigation, hot and/or cold compresses, and steam sauna your face with red clover, lavender, and strawberry leaves.
- Useful supplements are vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B complex, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, and zinc. Also include omega-3 fatty acids, Brewer’s yeast, chlorophyll, and pancreatic enzymes with meals.
- Expose your face to sun and air at least 30 minutes a day, and exercise daily. Keep your skin clean by washing your face three times a day with soap made from the herb Calendula officinalis, or using other alternatives to soap. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Squeezing pimples or whiteheads may cause infection. Keep the skin free of oil and use water-based products. Get sufficient sleep.
- Make facial masks from natural products; leave on overnight to help dry the skin.