Quick Action Plan for Crohn’s Disease…
Quick Action Plan for Crohn’s Disease
1. Diet is of primary importance. Avoid all sugars, refined flour products, and carbohydrates, milk and dairy products, processed foods that contain preservatives and artificial sweeteners, alcohol, hydrogenated and trans-fatty oils, as well as foods that are common allergens.
2. Emphasize organic, fresh vegetables and non-citrus fruits, organic grains, as well as organic, free-range meats and poultry and wild-caught fish.
3. Drink plenty of pure, filtered water throughout the day.
4. Enema containing butyric acid two to five times a week. (Add one tablespoon of butyric acid to one quart of warm water.)
5. Supplements with vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and zinc, taken with a multivitamin/multimineral formula. Essential fatty acids, especial omega-3 oils, are also recommended.
6. Stress reduction through the use of various mind/body medicine techniques, such as biofeedback, hypnotherapy, meditation and relaxation exercises.
7. If you smoke, stop and if you are currently taking aspirin or other NSAIDs, consider replacing them with safer, more effective natural remedies.
8. Soothing baths two to five nights and alternating hot and cold water packs placed over the stomach and upper abdomen.
9. Juice remedies include aloe juice; wheatgrass juice; cabbage, papaya, and carrot juice; and carrot, beet, and cucumber juice.
10. Juice of half a lemon with warm water, especially in the morning.
11. Allow yourself to receive emotional support to help you embrace some of the common underlying issues identified with Crohn’s, such as abandonment, anger, disappointment and rage, which often settle in the gut. Seek out a therapist or other skilled practitioner that can guide you through emotional healing work.