Quick Action Plan for Flatulence…
Quick Action Plan for Flatulence
- Overeating is the most common cause of flatulence.
- Add a few drops of the essential oils of bergamot, chamomile, fennel, juniper, lavender, peppermint, rosemary, coriander, or anise to water and take orally.
- Rub your abdomen in a clockwise direction to soothe discomfort from gas buildup.
- Eat small meals with only a few different food items at each meal, and chew your food slowly and thoroughly. Include more high-fiber foods in your diet, and fermented products such as yogurt, kefir and buttermilk. A sprig of parsley after meals is helpful.
- Add lemon juice or pure, organic, apple cider vinegar to water and drink with your meals.
- Once a day, between meals, drink a teaspoon of Bentonite clay dissolved in spring water to absorb gas and food impurities.
- Steep 1 tsp of anise seeds in 1 C of water for ten minutes, and drink as a tea, or take 1 T, as needed. Add several drops of peppermint oil to water and sip at each meal. To decrease gas buildup, use Asafoetida powder as a spice over foods.
- Useful homeopathic remedies are Carbo veg., Lycopodium, Argen nit., Chamomilla, Nux mosch, and Cinchona.
- Helpful nutrients include digestive enzymes such as hydrochloric acid or pancreatin, acidophilus, charcoal tablets, and aloe vera juice or gel. Vitamin B-complex, Vitamins B1 and B3 (niacin) are also useful.
- Add 1 T of garlic or yellow onion juice to carrot, parsley, beet, and celery juice, and drink once or twice a day. Fresh squeezed papaya juice is very effective.
- If you are plagued with gas that does not resolve, consider doing the Colon Cleanse or the Candida Cleanse. These cleanses, found in the Cleansing and Detoxification section of the site can be the solution to chronic gas.