Quick Action Plan for Peptic Ulcer…
Quick Action Plan for Peptic Ulcer
1. Avoid all sugars, refined carbohydrates, sodas, milk and dairy products, processed foods, preservatives, artificial sweeteners (especially aspartame), corn syrup, alcohol, white bread and white flour products, pastries, and hydrogenated and trans-fatty oils, as well as all foods to which your are allergic.
2. Emphasize organic, fresh vegetables and non-citrus fruits, organic grains, as well as organic, free-range meats and poultry and wild-caught fish.
3. Drink plenty of pure, filtered water throughout the day.
4. Miso soup and strained vegetable broth, made from cooking down a variety of organic vegetables, are healing and easy to digest, making them especially valuable for any digestive problems.
5. To reduce symptoms, eat small meals throughout the day, rather than following the traditional three large meals per day routine.
6. Certain herbs have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help repair the lining of the stomach and intestines. The best herbs for this are Echinacea and goldenseal, aloe vera, cayenne pepper, chamomile, licorice root, and slippery elm.
7. Therapeutic juices include raw cabbage juice by itself, or mixed with either carrot or celery juice; raw potato juice; wheatgrass juice; carrot, spinach juice; carrot juice; carrot, beet cucumber.
8. Soothing baths two to five nights a week can help to relieve symptoms.
9. If you smoke, stop, and also avoid exposure to secondhand cigarette smoke. In addition, learn how to effectively cope with and manage stress.
10. If you are currently taking aspirin or other NSAIDs, consider replacing them with safer, more effective natural remedies.
11. Nutritional supplements include vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin C, and zinc, taken with a multivitamin/multimineral formula. Essential fatty acids, especial omega-3 oils, are also recommended, as are bismuth and the amino acid L-glutamine. Linseed oil can also be effective. It can be added to salads or over drizzled lightly steamed vegetables.