Prevention Guidelines: Vaginitis…
To prevent vaginal infections, and to aid in their elimination, women should take the following precautions:
- Shower or bathe at least once a day to keep the vaginal area clean.
- After showering or bathing, keep the vaginal area dry throughout the day.
- Avoid wearing pantyhose, especially nylons brands; wear white, undyed cotton underwear instead.
- Avoid the use of perfumed douches or douches that contain chemical irritants, as well as all other perfumed or chemical products in and around the vaginal area.
- Have your sex partner use condoms to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
- Wipe away from the vagina (front to back) after each bowel movement.