Natural Cures For Glaucoma
Symptoms of open angle glaucoma usually progress slowly, with the first noticeable signs being narrowing of peripheral vision, headaches, tunnel vision, and other visual disturbances, such as seeing halos around lights or having difficulty adapting to darkness.
In cases of closed angle glaucoma, symptoms usually progress quickly—in some cases only a few days—and include intense eye pain, headaches, swollen eyelids, nausea, vomiting, eye redness, and vision loss, which can become permanent if not treated in time.
Both types of glaucoma can be caused by premature aging, the accumulation of debris and waste products in the eye drainage channels, allergies, eye injuries, eye tumors, poor diet, nutritional deficiencies, and pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes,high blood pressure, and macular degeneration.
The use of pharmaceutical drugs can also cause glaucoma, as well as other types of vision problems. These include antidepressants, antihistamines, blood pressure medication, diuretics, oral contraceptives, steroids, chlorpromazine, digoxin, ethambutol, gold (used to treat arthritis and lupus), haloperidol, hydroxychloroquine sulfate, and tetracycline.
Emphasize a diet of organic, whole foods, with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Antioxidant vegetables include bell peppers, carrots, celery, parsley, spinach, tomatoes, yellow squash, and dark-green leafy vegetables, such as chard, collards and kale.
Fruit high in anti-oxidants include berries, especially the dark rich coloured berries, purple and red grapes, plums, cherries, mangos, melons and citrus fruit.
Organic egg yolks are also recommended because they are rich in carotenoids, an important class of antioxidants. It is best to eat soft, rather than hard cooked egg yolks to preserve the heat sensitive valuable carotenoids. Soft boiled, poached, sunny side up, or raw eggs are best.
Raw eggs may be eaten if they come from a reliable organic source and are washed prior to cracking. Samonella travels on the shell of the egg and enters the egg from the outside, so washing eggs with hot sudsy water minimizes exposure.
Avoid all processed and fried foods, sugar and sugar products, refined, simple carbohydrates, alcohol, and unhealthy hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils. Milk and dairy products should be consumed sparingly, and preferably raw and organic.
Avoid conventional flesh foods and overcooked/grilled meats. In addition, test for food allergies and sensitivities and eliminate those foods that test positive.
Also be sure to drink plenty of pure, filtered water throughout the day, at least half your body weight in ounces, to help flush out accumulated debris in the eye drainage channels. Proper hydration is also essential for maintaining the suppleness of the eyes` lenses. Fresh raw green juices are also an important addition to one`s daily food plan. See the recipe section for green juice suggestions.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to also adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here kevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
- Vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, vitamin E, alpha-lipoic acid, beta-carotene, chromium, flavonoids, lutein, magnesium, N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC), riboflavin, rutin, selenium, taurine, zeaxthanin, and zinc are all helpful for treating glaucoma.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually dis-ease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
- . Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here (link) or go towww.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Food for eyesight health blogs.naturalcures.com/food-for-eyesight-health/
The many layers of us (link between emotions and eye problems) blogs.naturalcures.com/the-many-layers-of-us/
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong (from August 2012 newsletter)
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT (June 2012 newsletter)
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress (Oct 2012 newsletter)
Jump for Joy – Rebounding is a great stress busting workout (Oct 2012 newsletter)
Hypnotherapy for stress management – why it is so effective www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/hypnotherapy_for_stress.php
About the disease Glaucoma Treatment Beyond Eye Drops http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKwejwhdao
Healing the body meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFh-Km4AXeE&feature=related
EFT for treating disease http://www.garythink.com/eft/physicial.html
‘Positive Stress’ helps protect eye from glaucoma news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/23649.aspx
Further Information (links and books)
Healing the Eye the Natural Way: Alternate Medicine and Macular Degeneration [Kindle Edition] Edward Kondrot
The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health by Robert O. Young, PhD
Cell-level Healing: The Bridge from Soul to Cell by Joyce Hawkes
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
Colloidal Silver: The Natural Antibiotic Alternative by Zane Baranowski
Juice Fasting Bible: Discover the Power of an All-juice Diet to Restore Good Health, Lose Weight and Increase Vitality by Sandra Cabot
by Bernie S Siegel
Vision Sense, NorthStar Nutritionals
www.drdavidwilliams.com (800) 888-1415
Vision Essentials, Health Directions
www.drwhitaker.com (888) 886-8213
Vision Clear Formula, Vibrant Life
www.ivlproducts.com (800) 218-1378
Program for Better Vision, Real Health Breakthroughs
www.realhealthlabs.com (800) 565-6656
www.altoonamedicalsupply.com (800) 442-8367
Vision Formula, Vita-Vision
www.vitalmaxvitamins.com (800) 815-5151
Andrea Butje | Aromahead [email protected] – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt [email protected] – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA [email protected] – meditation, stress
Judith Hoad [email protected] – herbalist.
Kath May [email protected] – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges [email protected] – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika [email protected] – aromatherapy.
Rakesh [email protected] – Ayurvedic Practitioner.